Part XIX 🕊️

With Fulhert

"Huff- huff- almost t-there"

A hand grabs hold on the pavement as Fulhert pull himself up from the 20, 000 flight of stairs. "I made -wheeze- it" Fulhert wheezed as he collapsed on the ground, looking up at the dark sky, body covered in sweat as he slowly pull himself up.

"I wish I can just screw gravity..." he said in between breaths.

"I hate...stairs..." he said.

His eyes land on the temple, he takes a step forward but his legs are protesting towards him and refuses to move. Hands on both of his knees as he stare down at the ground, "Come on legs, we have no time to relax" Fulhert said as he force himself to walk towards the temple.

The temple is surrounded by a lake full with lotus flowers and a few bamboo grooves here and there. Two stone lions sat on the tall pillars, Fulhert swore he can feel their eyes staring down at him. He knew that they are alive....and guarding this place. He walk pass the two pillars, heads down and literally can feel that the stone lions turn their heads to look at him.

Fulhert quickly scurry off towards the huge golden double door, taking a deep breath, he opens the door. Once he peek his head in, in front if him is a very huge hall that is lit up by small candles.

"Hello?" he call out, his voice echoes throughout the temple. He steps in as the door behind him closes, spooking the poor boy.

"My name is Fulhert Berchtwald...." he started.

"S-son of (Name) and Anemo Archon, Barbatos" he trailed as he walk down the hall. Looking around for anything or someone that can aid him.

" I need help" Fulhert said, "I need your help to find my brother, please" he said. "I know he's hard headed, but my guts are telling me that he is doing something stupid that will literally get himself kill".

"Please-" then, the torches around the room burst up to flames, lighting up the entire room. Fulhert eyes gaze up to the ceiling and can see statues of ancient beasts, like Qilins and Lion-dogs.

In the middle of all of the statues is a golden statue of a dragon on the platform, coiled up like a snake, in the middle and betweens its claws sat the Lotus Pipa.

In front of the dragon is a huge cauldron, the water in the cauldron starts rippling as the dragon's eyes begin to glow. Fulhert walk towards the cauldron and look at his reflection, "Did you found him?" Fulhert asked, the water ripples as his reflection changes into his brother's.

The reflection changes and it is on the ground, Fulhert can see a piece of his brother's clothing, soaked in blood with brown feathers scatters all around. Fulhert eyes widen, "He's alive right? He won't die, he's strong!" Fulhert said, feeling devastated for an answer.

The water ripples again but it shows Fulhert his own reflection but he is not alone in the reflection. Fulhert gasps as he looks up to see a white Qilin with jade coloured mane and eyes, jade antlers decorated its head. The Qilin is large as a horse.

"Save him please, even he refuses to come home. Force him to! Save him" Fulhert said, staring into the Qilin's eyes. The beast trots forward and circle around Fulhert, its trotting becomes faster to the point it start to walk on air. Ripples left behind by its hooves as it sprint towards the large glass window and pass through it, running towards the moon.

"Thank you, Guardian Lung" Fulhert said, bowing at the dragon statue. He slowly rise up to his feet and walk towards the door.

"Once return, your brother won't be the same"

A gruff voice echoes in Fulhert's ears.

"That land is long abandoned by the Celestials"

Fulhert stare down at the ground.

"One gave him warning, though he was foolish"
"Just like all the ancestors before him"
"Perishes by the darkness that have consumed their minds"

A/n : I know it's a short chapter but enjoy. I read through Guanyin lore (aka the Goddess of Mercy) in which she has this one Celestial dragon called Lung. So this dragon is a guardian of Guanyin.

Lung is very a huge dragon (big as Shenron from DBZ).

Each ancestors will have one guardian, (Name) have Xavier the Ox Adepti. Albert has the Jade Qilin as his guardian, named Chang'e while Fulhert doesn't have one yet since has to pass a certain trial on making a contract with his guardian.