Part XX

A/n : We will be seeing precious boy!

"Barbatos, dear" (Name) started as she turns away from her newspaper, Venti is chewing on the apple flavoured pancakes made by Xavier. "Uhuh?" he said with mouthful of pancakes.

"I was wondering, can I pay Andrius a visit before Xavier and I went to Liyue the next two days?" she asked.

Venti takes the glass of apple juice and chug it down, "Well, of course! I won't be stopping you since you're taking Xavier with you!" Venti said. "But that old wolf is always grumpy and may not in the mood for any visits this week, he have been an angry wolfie" he said.

"Oh my, what did made him angry?" (Name) asked, Xavier sets down (Name)'s (f/f) breakfast. "Hunters, my mistress. They have been poaching all the boars in that forest, to the point their hunt decreasing the numbers of the sounders. Making all the wolves there nearly starve" Xavier said.

"But not just that, the Wolvendom wolves have the neighbouring wolves attacked them just a few months ago" he continued. "The very reason why Lord Andrius very angry" he said. "Is that right, my Lord?" Xavier turns to the bard.

"Yup! A lot have been happening there" Venti said, "If you want to pay him a visit, go ahead but be careful, Andrius can be unpredictable" he warned.

"O-oh, my that's bad..." (Name) said, feeling sympathy for the wolves. "But don't worry, I'll take Xavier with me" (Name) said, giving Venti an assuring smile that made the bard smile back at her.

After breakfast

(Name) and Xavier left the inn, Venti had gone to the Cathedral to do his bard business as usual and teach people love poems or how to play a lyre. Promising that he will come to them by afternoon.

"The walk towards Wolvendom is quite far, I'll carry you on my shoulder if you like, my Mistress" Xavier said, walking by (Name)'s side as he knelt down to her height. (Name) couldn't help but giggle, "Well, if I refuse, you will make me sit on your shoulder" (Name) said as Xavier smiles as he help the woman sit on his shoulder.

The two walk down the stairs, ignoring the stares they receive from passerby. I mean, it's not everyday that you see a 8 feet tall man walking around the city with a woman on his shoulder. The man has to bend his knees if he wants to enter a shop or a restaurant.

Though, they turn their gaze away and back to their own business. Xavier walk out of the gate, greeting the guards that stood at their posts.

Xavier's walk became a stride on each steps, (Name) can feel the air hitting her face. Xavier strode across the field of Windrise gracefully, dendro slimes moving out of the way of man. Afraid to be stomp down by his large feet, Hilichurls in the distant see the duo from afar.

Timeskip

"We're here" Xavier said as he sets down (Name) on the ground as she stare at the forest before her. "A little has change, the forest felt gloomy than before" (Name) said, closing her eyes as she feels the aura of the forest.

She opens her eyes as she walks into the forest, following the path that have been made for travellers to pass through, Xavier follows after her. The forest is dense and light barely pass through, (Name) knew that monsters can jump out at any time. So, she keep her guard up even though Xavier is with her.

Both of them walk by a small river, the silent walk suddenly interrupted by the sound of whining of a puppy then follow by a splash. (Name)'s eyes went to the river to see a puppy struggling in the water, "Oh my!" she gasped. Lifting up her long skirt and walk into the river that reaches her waist level.