Part XXIV

"Oh! There he is!"

Venti said, both of them look at the ground to see Andrius dealing with a group of hunters. The humans were scared and Razor is standing between the Lord of the Wolves and the hunters.

Venti lands on the ground as his wings disperse,  he gently set (Name) down on the ground as she slowly makes her way towards the scene.

"Get out of my way, Razor!" growled Andrius.

"No!" Razor said, shaking his head.

One hunter is injured and has a bleeding arm, the others are pointing their arrows at the large wolf. "No, you can't hurt them!" Razor pleaded, he knew that the hunters have gone too far but for sure they are not one of Draff's people.

"They had their warnings but they step over the boundaries! They have killed the wolves that lived around here with no remorse and use their pelt as their clothes! Steal their hunts, infiltrate their dens, sold away the pups and let them starves" growled Andrius, "They need to be taught a lesson!" he said.

Razor clench hid teeth together, unable to reply back of what Andrius had said. Did these hunters killed the wolves that lived in this forest?

(Name)'s eyes widen at Andrius statement, 'This is harsh...' she thought but she take in a breath as she exhale, "Are you going to do something?" Venti asked.

"Yes, indeed, negotiation still can happen" she said as she step into the scene.

The hunters appearance are different from the hunters of Springvale, their clothes are more expensive looking. It seems they are nobles, perhaps?

"Hey, if you dare to kill me. My father will burn this whole forest and kill everything in it!" said one of the hunters and it was the injured one, he has brown hair and forest green eyes. He looks scrawny for a male though.

Upon hearing this, Razor turns his head and send a glare at the man. "Don't you dare..." Razor said, the man just laugh it off. Andrius takes a step forward but he was halted by a hand on his leg, "It's alright, I got this..." (Name) said as she walk towards the humans.

"There is no need for violence, dear hunters" (Name) said, emerging from Andrius's side. "Ho? Who is this now?" said the man. (Name) just only smiles, "Neither of us want any bloodshed happening and I don't want any of your men getting injured because of your foolish act on taking a challenge with Lord of the Wolves" (Name) said.

"Heh, why a pretty woman like you being in the woods. How about this? We make a deal?" he said.

"I will leave everything alone if you come with me and be my personal woman~ You look even more delightful than the women I have" he said, making a flirty face. This cause Andrius to growl, "Watch your tongue, insolent human" he growled. He didn't like one bit of this man.

Venti who was watching wasn't happy at all, he felt a little bit tinge of anger within him.  "No one is taking (Name)" Razor said, standing before the woman with both arms spread open protectively.

"Get out of the way, runt, we're making a deal right here" the man said.

"What is your answer~" he said.

"Well—"

"To your answer is a no~" (Name) felt an arm wrapped around her waist as she was pull to a body.

"Dear?" Venti looks irritated.

"Well you see, this woman here already have someone in her life" he said.

"Oh, you're that bard from Mondstadt" the man said, "Why yes! I am, three times champion in bard contest!" Venti smiled. "Hah! You? with her?! What a joke!" laughed the man.

"Hey, lady. Why don't you ditch this shortie and come with me? I treat you better on the bed" the man said. (Name) can feel the wind shift a bit, "Dearie" she said as she touch Venti's hand. "(Name), whatever happens. Hold me tightly as you can~" Venti said, irritation can be heard from his voice.

Venti is irritated, he usually calm at things but when it comes to men trying to take his wife as their own. He will make sure that they get the message.

"Geez what's with the wind?!" growled the man.

Then, the sound of flapping of wings echoes throughout the air.

"Huh?" the hunters turn around to see a humongous dragon with six pair of wings stood before them.

It's none other than Dvalin himself.

Dvalin didn't say a word, he can feel the change of wind and he knew it was from Barbatos. So he came so that he can calm Barbatos down, it seems these people had been the cause. He heard everything, all thanks to the wind carrying those words to him.

"Eik! Dragon!" squeaked the man in fear, falling on his butt.

"I'm getting out of here!" he said as he sprint away, leaving his men. "Y-young master!" his men shouted as they run after their master.

The tension was released as Venti's grip loosen, "Hah...." he sigh. He felt a hand rubbing his shoulder, "Were you jealous?" (Name) asked. "Nope, I was.... irritated by that man" he said.

"He need to learn to take their dirty paws off someone who already have somebody in their life" he mumbled.

"You're mine, remember that" he whispered.

A/n :
Sorry for the short chapter, kinda out of ideas lol 🤣

But currently, I have published a new book called "So, I'm a Hilichurl, so what?" (based on Kumo Desu Ga, Nani Ka?)

It's a preview book, there will be a few chapters as previews of the starting arc. If it get invited in the top ranks, I will continue the said story.

Be warn, that story will contains gore and readers high on cocaine. The first few chapters may be boring to some of you since the story will be focusing on Reader's struggle and her badluck with her new body.