9. Precarious, Dangerous

"Is that really necessary?", Namjoon asks, quite uncomfortable with what Jungkook is suggesting. Jungkook sighs. "I'm sorry, hyung. But yes, it is very necessary. We have to be as believable as possible", he says.

Namjoon shakes his head with a long sigh. "Well, okay then. Let's do this. Let's move in together", he says, suddenly determined. Jungkook claps excitedly. "Thank you so much! I really owe you big time", he says.

Namjoon shrugs. "It's fine. Not like I'm doing this for free", he reasons. Jungkook chuckles. "Hyung, I don't think anyone else will be ready to act as my fake boyfriend just for a polaroid camera", he tells him.

"It's whatever. Guess I need to go home and start packing", Namjoon sighs. Jungkook shakes his head. "Hyung, no. There's no need for that. Just bring the things that are really important to you. Everything else will be arranged", he insists.

"Are you sure? What about my shower products and my cosmetics and—", "Everything. Don't worry about it. You're gonna stay for three weeks only so I've got it all covered. Just bring yourself and maybe some clothes. If you're picky with the products you use, you can bring your own. Or I can buy them for you", Jungkook says, cutting his sentence off.

"Jungkook, you sound like my sugar daddy", Namjoon laughs. Jungkook goes red in the face, surprised. That only makes Namjoon laugh harder. "God, you're so cute. These three weeks are gonna be fun", he says with a giggle.

Jungkook involuntarily smiles at him. Namjoon seems like a really nice person. These three weeks are probably going to pass in a blur. Well, at least that's what he hopes for.

"By the way, Jungkook, is your family going to be staying with us?", Namjoon asks, picking the chocolate mousse apart with his fork. "Of course not, hyung! I'd never put you in that situation. I know how awkward it would be to keep the act up all the time", Jungkook replies.

Namjoon hums. "Then why do we need to live together?", he asks. He really hopes that Jungkook doesn't think he's being rude. He's just curious about the whole ordeal. Thankfully, Jungkook doesn't seem to mind.

"Well, knowing my family, they'll find it really suspicious that I've had a boyfriend of more than seven months yet we don't live together. I always told my mom that I'd move in with my first partner as soon as we hit the six months phase. It's kind of weird now that I think about it", the younger admits sheepishly.

"Weird? Why? I think it's sweet. You seem to a romantic", Namjoon teases. Jungkook blushes. "I am. I've just never had the chance to date someone and make things official with them. I liked almost all of my dates but not enough to be in a relationship, you know?", he justifies.

Namjoon nods, understanding. "I've had my fair share of partners. Most of the times, things didn't work out because I was too focused on my career and the one time it did, my partner chose his career over me. I'm not mad at him for that, to be honest. It's just infuriating that he didn't even plan on telling me about it. Like, ever! He said it himself that he was going to ghost me. Can you believe it?", he says, annoyed.

Jungkook frowns. "That's horrible, hyung. Some people seem so nice at first that it actually hurts when you realise they're not the person you thought them to be", he says, melancholic.

Namjoon wholeheartedly agrees. He wants to ask why Jungkook seems to understand it on a personal level but he knows his boundaries. They've just become friends— out of convenience— and it'd be super rude to overstep.

"You're right. But don't worry. I'm exactly what I seem to be. No double faces", he jokes. Jungkook laughs heartily with him. Namjoon's heart feels really warm. He hasn't felt that way since the day he broke up with Kihyun but Jungkook seems to have a way of making him laugh out of nowhere. He really appreciates it.

"That's good, hyung. I like people who are real, if you know what I mean", he looks at him expectantly. Namjoon nods, taking the mousse into his mouth. It tastes like it was made in heaven. He almost loses focus but Jungkook's voice easily brings him back to reality.

"Hyung, before you move in. I need to let you know a few things. You can continue with your treat, just make sure you listen carefully and don't hesitate to ask me if you have any questions", he says. Namjoon hums, indicating that he's listening.

"Okay, so we'll be living together but we'll have separate rooms because I'm really not keen on making you uncomfortable. You can use all my stuff as much as you like. That includes my clothes, beauty products, anything. We just need to act like we're a cringey, lovey-dovey couple in front of my family and when they're out of sight, we can go back to being casual with each other", Jungkook concludes.

"Sounds good to me, yeah", Namjoon affirms. "Just make sure you skim me through whatever fake story you told your family about your supposed boyfriend so I can match it. I'm a pretty good actor, though. So you don't need to worry about that. And since vacations have just started, I'm free for a whole month".

"Okay, that's good. Ah, I can't wait to get this over with", Jungkook sighs heavily. Namjoon raises a brow. "Nothing against you! My family is just very overwhelming and I don't want them to make you feel uncomfortable", Jungkook sputters.

"It's fine. I don't mind. I'm sure your family isn't as fucked up as mine", Namjoon says and lets out a self-deprecating laugh. Jungkook doesn't comment on it.

"Anyway, I gotta go now. I'll start packing right way so we can move in together tomorrow since your family is coming the day after tomorrow, correct?", Namjoon checks with him.

Jungkook smiles.

"Absolutely. Just give me a call and I'll come pick you up".

"Seokjin h-hyung..."

"Namjoon, hey, what's wrong? Are you crying?"

"Please come pick me up. We're over".

💓

All I can say is: oof