11. For a Better Day

"God, that was tiresome. Thank god they're not living with us", Namjoon huffs. Then, as an afterthought, adds, "No offence, by the way". Jungkook simply laughs. "None taken, hyung. I know how tiresome they can get. And you did carry most of the bags inside. You deserve to be glad about them not being with us right now", he assures.

Namjoon smiles tiredly at him before flopping himself onto the bed, laying down on his back. Exactly five minutes pass before he realizes he's lying on Jungkook's bed. The younger is now looking at him awkwardly, probably too shy to ask him to get up.

Namjoon decides to cut him some slack.

"Ah, I'm sorry, I forgot this is your bedroom, Jungkook. I'll go to my room, don't worry", he says, a little embarassed. Jungkook's eyes widen and he shakes his head. "Hyung, no. It's fine. You're already doing so much for me. If you want this bedroom for the rest of your stay here, you can have it", he says sincerely.

But Namjoon is already off of the bed before Jungkook can say anything more. "No, no, it's your bedroom. I'm not gonna invade. Can you show me my room, by the way? I think I forgot the way to it. Your house is way too big", he complains, huffing.

Jungkook laughs. "Of course. Come on", he says and starts walking out the door, Namjoon following close behind. "I gave you the room upstairs because I want to give you as much privacy as possible. I know I'm already asking a lot out of you so this is the least I can do", he says, feeling guilty all of a sudden. Namjoon doesn't deserve to be roped into this mess.

The older is quick to assure him, though.

"Jungkook, hey. It's fine. You were desperate and I agreed to this on my own terms. You didn't force me to do anything. To be very honest, I'm also doing this to make my ex regret his life choices as much as I'm doing this to help you", he reveals, chuckling.

Jungkook stares at him incredulously before bursting out laughing. "You're incredible. You wanna make your ex regret his life decisions? Count me in", he snickers. Namjoon laughs with him, feeling a little more comfortable with Jungkook.

"By the way, don't we need some rules?", he then asks, sitting on his temporary bed, cross-legged. Jungkook furrows his brows, looking at him with confusion. "Rules? What rules, hyung?", he asks, perplexed. What rules do they need and why?

Namjoon shrugs. "I mean, they're not important but I think since this is basically a deal, though not official, it'd be good if we set out a few rules and boundaries so that it'll be easier for us to work through this together without any misunderstandings later on", he explains calmly.

Jungkook hums, considering it. "That's actually a pretty good idea, hyung. Okay, then, let's set out some rules that both of us have to follow", he suggests. Namjoon nods, already pulling out his phone to note it all down. It's a bit much but he's a forgetful person. Better safe than sorry.

"Alright, just let me know all the things I'm supposed to be doing as your boyfriend. I'll let you know if I'm uncomfortable with anything", he says. Jungkook taps his index finger on chin, thinking about all of the things Namjoon might have to do.

"Okay, I guess we can hold hands in front of my family. A hand around the waist could also be very convincing, if you're okay with that, of course", Jungkook adds the last part hurriedly, not wanting to make it seem like Namjoon is obliged to do any of these things.

Fortunately, the older just smiles at him. "That's fine by me, Jungkook. That's nothing", he assures, then, pauses. "Um... Do I have to like, uh... kiss you?", he asks awkwardly, rubbing the back of his neck in embarassment.

"Kiss me? Oh, like a kiss on the cheek? Yeah, that's fine. I like kisses and-", Jungkook halts when he notices Namjoon's flushed face. His eyes widen once he realises what Namjoon is talking about, cheeks coloring a soft red, matching Namjoon's blush.