Chapter 6

It's almost midnight now and the party was exceptional. Harry has been a true gentleman, always checking on me, asking if I'm ok or if I need anything.
Now he's a little bit drunk but it makes him cuddlier and cuter. He even dances with everyone and literally hugs all of his guests.
I also had the chance to meet Niall, Liam and Zayn who have been incredibly nice and welcoming.

As I'm exploring the house to find the bathroom, I bump into Niall.

"Hey pretty, be careful" he laughs. God knows how much I love this laugh. But he looks totally drunk. "Oh Charlotte it's you! How is the party going ? And have you seen Harry ?"

"The party is great ! And no sorry I haven't seen Harry recently." I reply gently. He grins and walks away, stumbling on a bottle of beer.

"Hm.. Niall.. You look very drunk, are you okay ? Do you want a glass of water ?" I worry, stepping towards him.

"Nah I'm fine. Don't worry about me. I think you should go back with Harry. He really likes you, you know" he smirks, picking himself up.

"He does ?"

"Yup he told us a lot about you, he said -"

" - Hey Niall I think you're too drunk to say anything" Harry cuts him off, entering the room, Louis behind him.

"I'm not drunk lad"

"You definitely are" Louis chuckles and puts his glass on Niall's head. The glass immediately falls on the floor and breaks to pieces. "That's what I said. No balance. You're drunk."

Niall mutters something and leaves the room while Harry, Louis and I burst out laughing.

~~

It's three am now. I had a really good time with Harry. We laughed a lot, but I need to go since I have to study tomorrow. I wish I could say goodbye to him, it may be the last time I see him but he's nowhere to be found.

I leave the house and wait in the street as I decide to call a cab when I fell someone grab my elbow, making me jump.

"Where are you going beautiful ?"

I turn around and see a drunk and stoned guy, with vomit on his shirt. Ugh, gross.

"I'm going back home"

"Lemme drive you. A young lady alone at this time of the night, it's not safe" he smirks and steps closer. I take a few steps away, more and more scared and try to avoid his gaze.

"No... No thanks"

"C'mon babe don't be shy" he steps closer again and grabs my waist but I immediately jerk away.

"Get away from me !"

But he doesn't listen and puts his hands on my cheek. He pulls me against his chest, grabbing me by the wrists, and preventing me from struggling.

"Charlotte !" A voice shouts behind me. Harry's voice. I could recognize it among thousands. "Get away from her ! NOW !"

He pulls the guy away from me and immediately takes me in his arms. Being in his arms again immediately calms me. His embrace is so warm and soft.
"I'm so sorry. Are you okay ?" He whispers through my hair and I nod.
"I'm going to drive you home"

"No it's fine I'll take a cab. You're drunk and it wouldn't be wise "

"So are you. And I won't let you alone in a car with some creepy guy. Stay for the night then. Please." His eyes meet mine and I obviously cannot say no to him.

"Fine" I sigh

Harry puts the drunk guy in the cab I ordered before joining me and wrapping his arms around my shoulder to keep me warm. When we go back to the house, all the guests have left. Zayn is already sleeping on the couch and Louis and Niall are teasing each other as Liam is trying to clean the mess.

"Guys... So Charlotte is going to sleep here tonight as I drunk too much to drive her back"
Louis and Niall snigger and Harry glares at them.

"Sure, no problem" Liam says giving me a friendly smile before Harry leads me to a beautiful and cosy room, decorated with good taste.

"Oh I can sleep on the couch, I won't mess up a room for just a few hours of sleep"

"There's no way that I let you sleep on that sofa. It's uncomfortable. Plus, Zayn is already sleeping in it. Unless you want to join him" he smirks and I playfully roll my eyes.

"Fine, I'll sleep here then. Thanks for everything Harry"

"You're welcome. Goodnight Charlotte"

As he reaches the door I call him.

"Harry?"

He turns around and his gaze locks into mine.

"Yes ?"

"This weekend was the best weekend ever. I'm so glad I met you. You're even better than in my dreams" I blush and immediately put my hand on my mouth, regretting what I've just said.  "oh my god, did I really just say that ?"

"You did" he giggles before leaving the room.