Chapter 37

The next morning, I wake up with a terrible headache and no memory of what I did last night. I'm in a bed, laid down next to Ben, only wearing his t-shirt and my panties. Fuck. I get out of the bed, trying not to wake him up.

"Morning beautiful" he says without opening his eyes.

"Hm morning" I look at him to see if he's really awake or not but he seems to be half asleep.
I grab my stuff and grab the door handle when I feel his hands wrap around my wrist and I freeze.

"Leaving so soon ?" He smirks.

"Yes, I have some work to do"

I feel so uncomfortable. I barely know him and I have no idea of what happened between the two of us last night. I need to get out of this house, as soon as possible.
He shrugs and walks back to the bed as I open the door.

"Oh and Ben, did we..." I don't finish my sentence, feeling too embarrassed and anyway I'm sure he understands what I mean.

"Oh no ! Don't worry, I'm not that type of guy" he smiles "I just gave you my t-shirt because you didn't have any pyjamas. Keep it by the way, you can give it back to me another day " He adds, pointing out at the draping shirt covering me.

"Oh thanks then" I force a smile and leave the room.
Downstairs, everyone is still sleeping, some on the couch and some others on the floor, in the middle of the bottles of beer. What a mess.
I put on my jeans before leaving the house. The sun is already up in the sky, it must be noon. I switch on my phone and remember what I did last night. My heart beats faster and guilt takes over me as I play the video I sent to Harry. He didn't reply back but I know he saw it and I can't help thinking of how bad he must feel right now.
I sigh and start to walk towards my flat.
When I'm a few blocks away from my house, I see a black car parked a few meters in front of me and I immediately recognise that it's Harry's. I start to quicken my pace so that he wouldn't get out of the car at the same time I pass, but I'm not quick enough. I look down and ignore him as I keep walking.

"Charlotte ? what are you doing here ?" He asks. His tone is calm. He doesn't seem angry or sad at all.
I look up and meet his deep green eyes.

"I was at a friend's house" I answer sharply.

"Oh I guess the same friend that you kissed yesterday night and who's t-shirt you're wearing" he notices, without any judgment in his voice.

"Yeah..." I feel so embarrassed and I don't want him to imagine things.

"Did you... Sleep with him ?"

His question catches me off guard.

"Oh no of course not, I wouldn't do that to..." You. But I can't say it. And I shouldn't even be so nice with him.

"Okay... Well I have to meet an old friend of mine so have a nice day" he says politely but coldly. I know perfectly who he's talking about. The psycho. I don't even know her name, for me she's just a crazy and fucked up girl that should better be locked up in a psychiatric hospital.

He starts to walk away and without even thinking, I grab his arm.

"I'm sorry Harry. I didn't mean to send that video, it was a dare, there's nothing going on with him and me. And I'm sorry for -"

I'm cut off by a women, stepping towards Harry and resting her hand on his shoulder. The psycho.

"Harry, I've been waiting for you. Are you coming ?" She says, shooting a glare at me. I immediately remove my hand from Harry's arm.

"Yes, this girl was bothering me anyway." He snaps, looking deep into my eyes. I step back, my mouth falling open while they both walk away.

At six pm, I decide to watch the last episode of Pretty Little Liars. A few minutes later, Hanna calls me so I just ignore the call and keep watching my favourite TV show. But she keeps calling me again and again so I grab my phone, annoyed, to switch it off when I saw 10 new texts from her.
Finally, I decide to call her back.

"What's going on, why do you keep -"

"Victoria's been kidnapped" she states, panic clear in her voice.

"What ?" I shout and my phone smashes on the floor.

"She came to my house to watch one of her favourite cartoons because your TV is broken and then I walked her back to your house. I didn't notice the black car parked in the street..." She's sobbing now "I turned back to close the portal and... Three man grabbed her and took her away. They were very strong and I couldn't do anything I'm so sorry"

"Hanna it's not your fault ! You couldn't have done anything to stop that anyway, don't blame yourself for that please"

"What are we going to do ?" She sighs

"Did you talk about this to anyone ?"

"No, not yet"

"Don't then. Tell my father she's sleeping at a friend's, anyway he doesn't give a fuck"

"Why ?"

"I can't tell you, but don't worry for Victoria, I'll find her and I won't let anything happen to her, I promise."

I hang up and wipe away my tears, still shaking because of what I've just learnt when my phone rings again.

"Hello Charlotte" a voice speaks quietly. Her again.

"Where is she ?" I shout "Don't you dare touch her or hurt her ! She's only six fucking years old, don't you have any pity ?!"

"We had a deal ! You were supposed to stay away from my Harry and I'd keep your friends and your family safe." Her tone is harsh but I don't hear a hint of anger.
The fact that she said "my Harry" makes me want to yell at her even more and not let her win. But she has my sister, and I have to cooperate if I want Vicki back.

"Fine" I sigh, trying to calm down.

"Apologising to Harry and making allowances was a very bad idea. Thank god I was with him after this to tell him he doesn't deserve you"

"That's not fair. You're the one who doesn't deserve him" I snap, teeth clenched , trying to remain calm. "Where's my sister ?"

"My men are on their way to drop her back to your house. You're lucky I love children, because if it was Hanna, or one of your other friends like that blond motherfucker Neil, -"

"Niall" I snap

"Niall... I'd have kept them for a while, to show you what I'm capable of"

"Well I think you showed me enough" I grumble

"Good, I hope your learnt your lesson"

And then the line is dead. I phone home to check that Victoria is back.

"Hello ?" She answers with a little voice.

"Vicky, darling" I sigh in relief "Are you okay ? "

"Yes I am, I've just woken up from a long nap"

"What did you do today ?" I worry of what she remembers since she was kidnapped.

"I went to Hanna's to watch Bob the Builder and then I think I felt asleep somewhere and she must have carried me home because that's where I woke up"

They must have drugged her or something, but I'm more grateful that they did this instead of her having a trauma during all her childhood.

"That's good sweetie. I'll call you tomorrow ok ?"

"Okay"

I hang up and immediately call back Hanna to reassure her.
After that I decide to go for a walk before coming back to my flat and immediately falling asleep.