Chapter 48

Harry's point of view:

"Do you want me to cancel the party tonight ?" I ask Charlotte once we're home.

"No it's fine, don't worry. It will take my mind off everything that happened today with my father." Her voice cracks at the end of the sentence and I feel her holding back her tears as she bites her lip.

"Do you want to go shopping ? We have a lot of stuff to buy for tonight" I say, trying to entertain her. I hate seeing her in low spirits. Sadness doesn't suit her and she deserves so much happiness.

"Good idea !" She forces a smile and we go back to the car.

"So who did you invite ?"

"I'm not sure... Liam made the list . But I know he invited some friends of yours: Cassie, Ben, etc ..."

I see her cringing at the mention of Ben.

"What ? You didn't want to invite Ben ?"

I try to catch her gaze but she's focused on staring at her hands which are resting on her lap.

"He lied to me... When you went to my flat two days ago, you said you saw Ben. But I remember that when I asked him who was at the door he said no one and that it was just a mistake"

"- I asked him to. I didn't want you to know I was there"

She pauses for a second and her mouth opens in astonishment before she continues talking.

"Well he still lied to me because after, he asked me when the last time was that I went to the hospital to see you. I was a bit surprised by his question so I asked him why he was saying that and if he was hiding something from me, but he said that no, everything was fine but you were actually out of the hospital."

"Why would he do that ?" I frown, focusing on the road.

"I don't know..."

Actually I think I know. This prick just wants my girlfriend so he pretended I was still in the hospital.
I don't say a word and we keep driving in silence until the local Tesco.

~~

This party to celebrate the fact that Char' and I are back together and that I'm out of the hospital is a very good idea. Everyone is having a lot of fun, and it's not too much of a mess - well except for Cara, Liam and Nick who all ended up vomiting in the garden because they have had too much to drink.

"Greatttt partyyy 'Arry !" My girlfriend says, sitting on my lap. It's cute because when she's drunk (or angry) she doesn't are about her accent and say my name in a French way.

"Glad you're enjoying it babe !"

She runs her hand through my hair and plants a soft kiss on my lips. She tastes like cherry coke and Vodka.

"Shall we play a game? I have never or truth of dare ?"

"Char..." I hate those games but at every party she wants to play .

"C'mon !" She jumps on my lap making me whine.

"I'm in !" Zayn shouts from the other couch, smoke escaping from his mouth.

"Great ! Great ! Y'all come and play with us !" Charlotte stands up, clapping her hands together as people gather around her to play the game. The reason why I hate these kind of games is because it always ends up bad, especially when
everyone is wasted.

Ten minutes later, we're all sat in a circle, playing truth or dare and, honestly, it's quite funny. Well, until Charlotte is asked to kiss Louis.

"Wait ! You're not going to kiss him, are you ?"

She raises her eyebrow at me and gives me a defiant look.

"Of course I am dah'ling! It's for the game !"

"But -"

"Louis's my best friend, you know it doesn't mean anything" she retorts, her French accent more perceptible than ever. "Plus, a little kiss is nothing compared to the fact that you had sex with him" she adds defiantly. My jaw falls open and I glance at Louis who gives me an apologetic look. Fuck, why did he tell her about that ?!

"It's different ! We did that a long time ago when we were dating ! Now you-"

She interrupts me by leaning towards Louis and crashing her lips against his, cupping his face with her both hands. The kiss lasts longer than necessary.

"What the fuck !" I grab her arm and pull her back.

"Chill Harry ! It's just a game !" Liam sighs.

"Louis anyway Harry loves Char" Zayn mumbles before bursting into laughter. Everyone stare at him, trying to figure out what he has just said and Louis snatches his joint from his hand before putting it into his mouth.

"Fuck dude you're so high, stop the weed"

Zayn laughs even more this time and grabs the Coke/vodka, drinking half of the bottle.
I feel little arms wrapping around my back and Char resting her chin on my shoulder.

"Harreh are you upset ?" She whispers in my ear from behind.

"You're drunk"

"No I'm not !"

"Yes"

"Nooo!"

"Shut up"

"You, shut up !" She giggles before placing a soft kiss on my cheek. "So are you upset ?"

She can be so annoying sometimes but I kinda love it.

"Yes. I'm very upset. Very very."

"Oh" Even if I can't see her, I can feel she's pouting.

"How much upset ?" She adds.

"Upset enough to do this" And, without giving her the time to realise what I'm about to do, I turn around and press her shoulders against the floor, crashing my lips against hers.

"Hm you should be upset more often then" She teases as we kiss.

"Wowo take a room !" Niall shouts. I pull back and help Charlotte to pick herself up.

"If we can't kiss anymore in this house..." She sighs, joking.

"Don't pay attention honey, he's jealous"

"It must be that" Niall chuckles.