Chapter 38

Recommended song: love you goodbye

A week later

I haven't heard from Harry since I last saw him in the street a week ago, and it's probably for the best. I haven't heard from the boys either, they seem to be mad at me for my behaviour but I don't blame them for that.
Today is the first Sunday of July, it's very sunny and very hot outside so we decide to spend the day in the park with Cassie, Nathan, Nick, Rosie and Ben.

"I can't bear the heat" Rosalie whines, fanning her hand in front of her face to try to make some wind. Without hesitating, Nathan opens his bottle of water and pours it on her.

"Nathan ! I'm soaked"

She rushes towards him and they start a water fight. We join them and splash Water everywhere for the next ten minutes, laughing so hard.

"Kids" an elderly man grumbles which makes us laugh even more.

"Char' !" Cassie warns me and I don't even have time to realise what's happening because Ben has already pushed me and I'm falling on the floor, him on the top of me. He grabs my wrists and holds them above my head, preventing me from struggling as he pours all of the bottle on me.

"I hate you" I laugh and spit all the water in his face. He chuckles and throws his empty bottle away, my wrists still grasped in his hands.

"Lemme go"

"No" he smirks. Then he leans towards me slowly. My heart beats faster, knowing exactly what he's about to do. His lips are only a few inches from mine. I close my eyes, waiting for him to kiss me. But it doesn't happen. When I open my eyes, he's looking behind me, his eyebrows drawn in a frown.

"What's wrong ?"

"Harry's here" He states, his gaze still behind me. I stand up at once, making him fall. I quickly apologise and take a deep breath before turning to face Harry.

--

Harry's point of view

"Sorry for interrupting but can I talk to you for a second ?"

She glances at the guy who was about to kiss her and gives him a little smile before walking away with me. We walk until a deserted place, without saying a word.

"You're soaked" I interrupt the silence.

"Yeah we had a water fight"

"I saw"

My eyes meet hers and we stare at each other for a few seconds. She looks incredibly beautiful, her long and wavy thin hair falling on her shoulders, her eyes bluer than ever, and her skin is shining under the sun and looks so tanned because of her white shirt.

"I know everything"

She furrows her eyebrows and I run my hand through my hair, taking a deep breath before continuing. "I.. Hum.. I went to your flat to drop some stuff you had left in my house. You weren't home and I didn't really want to see you so I used the spare key you had given to me. When I entered, I dropped everything on the table and there was your diary open on it..."

She sighs and closes her eyes as if she knows exactly what would happen next. When she peers up at me, I look down embarrassed.

"I didn't want to read it but it was open and something caught my eyes: the date. It was written 22nd of July 2016, which was the day when you started to act weird with me and suddenly became a...-"

"A bitch, you can say it"

Her eyes meet mine and I blush. "Yeah... So I couldn't help reading it. I needed to know what happened"