Chapter 20 {ILY}

~third person POV~
Monday
Two week until inter high

[y/n] mom met Iwaizumi and oikawa at the hospital they took her too.

"Tōru!" She called out.

As soon as she walked up the doctor did. "Please tell me what happened to my baby?"

"I'm afraid it's too late" the doctor said.

"WHAT!"  The mom exclaimed.

"Mom calm down" oikawa said.

"For lunch. I'm afraid it's to late for lunch" the doctor started laughing.

"Oh you should've seen your face" he continued.

The mom was confused and mad at the doctor for playing around. "Don't fucking play with me, tell me what's wrong"

"I'm sorry ma'am, she's fine. We just finished putting on her cast."

"Cast?"

"She sprained her ankle, it's not bad but she's going to need a cast for three weeks and crutches for at least a month. Her ankle may still be weak after it somewhat heals"

"Boys how did this happen?"

"Her papers flew out of her arm and went flying towards the street and she went after them. She steeped of the sidewalk wrong and fell into the street. A car was coming so Iwaizumi went after her. She passed out before Iwaizumi got her but he grabbed her before she got hit by the car."

His mom almost stopped breathing from hearing that she could've died if it wasn't for...

"Iwaizumi?"

He stood up from his seat. "Yes?"

She ran to him and hugged him tight. "Thank you thank you thank you" she repeated over and over.

Iwaizumi didn't know how to react. He was still upset about what could've happened.

"Your welcome"

"Can I see her?" The mom asked.

"Most definitely, she's still out though. They walked out because the were mad"

"Boys what's wrong?"

"he keeps cracking jokes like shit is funny" oikawa said.

Everyone looked at the doctor. He cleared his throat and excused himself.

The boys led the way to her room. She was laying on her side resting peacefully.

Her mom walked over to her and pushed the hair in her face behind her ear. She smiled and cried a little, thankful that she was ok.

She took a look at her left ankle that had a light blue cast on it.

"Thank you boys for taking care of her, I'm glad she's safe now... oikawa take me to the cafeteria please" she asked.

"Why do I have to go?"

"Because im hungry and I don't know where it is."

Oikawa stood up and walked out the room with his mom.

Iwaizumi was left in the room with [y/n]

~Iwaizumi's POV~

I put my head down into my hands. I'm glad she's safe, but I'm still upset she got hurt. How could she be so careless over a essay.

I couldn't stop replying that scene in my head when that care was coming straight towards her and she was lying helpless in the street. I was just thankful for my quick reflexes. Or she could've di-

"Hajime" she called in a sleepy voice.

I raised my head up and seen her sitting up.

"What happened?" She asked.

~third person POV~

He stood up and ran over to her and hugged her. Very tight.

"What's wrong" she managed to get out from being squeezed to death.

"You almost di- you could've gotten hurt, really bad. You almost got hit by a car. Why would run out into the street?"

"I-I know I'm sorry I caused you worry, I should've been more careful.

"It's okay, I'm just glad your safe now" he hugged her again.

The doctor walked in with a pair of crutches.

"Good your awake, we would lost you if you haven't woken up any sooner"

"What?!?" [y/n] exclaimed.

"I'm just kidding" he chuckled. "So come back in three weeks to get the cast removed and keep the crutches for at least a month."

[y/n] looked at her ankle and tried to remember what happened.

"You sprained your ankle when you stepped off the sidewalk, if you don't remember."

"How the hell do you do that?" She asked.

"Well except the unexpected, anything can happen. Just be more careful next time"

"Sign out at the front and you can go home" the doctor said walking out.

"Ready, your mom and oikawa is in the cafeteria"

He helped her stand up and gave her the crutches.

"Got it?"

"I think"

She tried taking her first steps and ended up stumbling forward. Iwaizumi was quick to catch her by her waist.

"Thanks"

He bent down and grabbed her crutches.

"Here, get on my back, you can learn how to walk later" he said shortening down to her height.

She wrapped her arms around his neck and lifted up her leg with the bad ankle first. He scooped his had under her bare thigh. (She's still in her school uniform)

Her skin is so soft

He did the same with her other leg and jumped up a little bit so she couldn't sit higher on his waist. He grabbed her crutches and bag then walked out.

She rested her face in the crook of his neck. He could feel her breath on his neck and it sent shivers down his spine.

"Thank you" she mumbled.

He responded with a 'mhm' and went to the front desk.

Her mom and oikawa met them at the front desk just in time.

[y/n] sighed herself out and they walked out to the car.

~

When they made it home, she asked Iwaizumi to carry her upstairs since they both weren't hungry.

He picked out her clothes and stepped out the room to let her get dressed.

When she gave an okay, he came back in. "Want to go back downstairs?" He asked.

She shook her head no and just laid herself under covers.

"Are you okay?"

"Yea, just tired"

[y/n] felt her bed sink in from Iwaizumi climbing in her bed. He got under the cover with her and wrapped his arms around her.

She buried her face into his chest and intertwined her legs with his.

She drifted off to sleep first. When Iwaizumi was sure she went to sleep, he whispered something hoping she wouldn't hear.

"Love you" he whispered.

All she did was smile in her sleep. Iwaizumi drifted off to sleep himself.

~

A/n: awwww🥰... but Yay she's not dead...