34 {Make-up}

~third person POV~
~July 20th~

"Good morning and happy birthday" hayaimi told her daughter.

[y/n] stood at the kitchen island watching her mom finish breakfast.

"Where's Tōru?" She asked.

"He went out with some of his friends, apparently he doesn't want to spend his birthday with his sister" hayami responded, pushing a plate over to [y/n].

"Eat up, I'm sure you have a long day ahead of you" she encouraged.

"I might just stay home today, Tōru's out with his friends and hajime..." she sighed "I don't know what's up with him. We haven't talked these past few days" [y/n] started to tear up.

She wondered why Iwaizumi hasn't called or texted back to clear up why he lied about his whereabouts or was it true that he was up to no good?

"Oh honey I'm sure everything will be okay, just give it some time" hayami assured her.

"Your right, maybe everything is fine" she wiped her tears.

[y/n] pushed her plate aside and told her mom she was going to go check the mail.

She slipped on her shoes and walked down the pathway to the mailbox.

She opened it finding a post card and a small package.

She looked at the postcard and seen it was from Terushima saying 'happy birthday'. She smiled to herself, thinking how did he remember her birthdate.

Since it's summer break he must be visiting his grandmothers house.

(For those who don't remember, Terushima visits his grandparents house on schools breaks or holidays and his grandparents were neighbors with [y/n] before she moved)

She looked at the package and her smile immediately disappeared.

"Hey" she heard a familiar voice.

She jumped at the sudden noise then turned around to face Iwaizumi who had his head down with his hands in his pockets.

"Hey" she responded putting her head down also not wanting to look at him.

"Sorry for not calling or texting I've been busy"

"Doing what?" She finally lifted up her head.

She sounded kind of irritated.

"I was busy studying like I told you" he looked her in the eyes finally seeing the tears that were about to spill out. "I promise I was" he said not wanting her to cry. He pulled her into a hug

"Okay, I trust you" she said into his chest. That's what she said but wasn't sure if she did.

Iwaizumi took her hand and walked with her into the house.

"Can I take you out somewhere?" He asked.

"Sure" she answered still a bit sad.