Act I: Scene I

This to me 2 1/2 hours so please enjoy!

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

London, 1881

Our story begins on a breezy winter morning. Before the small cavern opens up, Paul McCartney and his small band are all rehearsing.

"Gentlemen, if I may have your attention?" The group of boys all turn to look at the club manager, Bob Wooler.

"As you may know, there have been rumors going around that I am retiring soon." Paul and the rest of the band all look confused.

"Well, I'm here to confirm these rumors." Gasp and some money are being passed as if people were betting. Paul looks around, dumbfounded.

"But don't fret gentlemen, the gentlemen who are going to run the Cavern have come today to introduce themselves. May I present, Mr. Brian Epstein, and Mr. George Martin!"

Two men walk up, one with curly brown hair, and the other with slicked back, blonde hair.

"Good morning, gentlemen. My name is Brian Epstein, and this is my partner, George Martin." The shorter man says, shaking hands with everyone.

"Pleasure to meet you. We would like to introduce our new patron, Mr. George Harrison!" The blonde one says.

I tall skinny man, around Paul's age, walks up.

"It's George!" Paul whispers to his friend Ringo. "Before my father died, at our house by the lake... I guess you could say we were childhood sweethearts." He says with a silly grin.

"He would always call me Princess Paulie." He says chuckling.

"Paul, he's so handsome!" Ringo says, admiring him too.

George was tall, had dark, shoulder-length hair, and was very handsome.

"My parents and I are proud to support all the arts, especially the widely known, Cavern Club.

Ivan, the lead singer, walks over to George with his hand out.

"Ivan Vaughan, lead singer of the Quarrymen." Bob introduces. "Let me assure you, he is terrific!"

There are snickers here and there, and the occasional "ha's!", Causing Ivan to give a glare.

"Pleasure," George says, taking his hand. "Forgive me sirs, but I believe I'm taking time off your rehearsals. I will be here this evening to share this great triumph. Apologies."

George walks away, passing Paul. Paul smiles but is ignored.

"He wouldn't recognize me." Paul says, smile dropping. "He didn't see you." Ringo assures his friend.

"He loves me. Loves me, loves me." Ivan says, strutting over to the new club managers.

"If you please, gentlemen." Bob signals and they all start rehearsing again.

"This is Mal Evans, he will show you around." Bob signals Mal to come forward.

"Pleasure to meet you," Mal says, shaking hands with them.

"We take pride in the excellence of our bands, gentlemen." Mal says, sitting at one of the tables.

"I see why," Brian says. All the instruments are in perfect harmony, making a beautiful sound.

"Especially the little drummer." Brian says, pointing at Ringo.

"My favorite drummer, Richard." Mal says, sounding like a proud, older brother.