Act II: Scene XVI

A few minutes before the show begins...

(With John)

  "Seal my fate tonight."

  He puts on a black mask that covers both of his eyes and slicks his hair back, letting the curls go to the bottom of his head.

  He grabs a candle and makes his way to where his replica of the Cavern was.

"I hate to have to cut the fun short, but the joke's wearing thin. Let the audience in. Let my show begin!"

  He sets the replica ablaze and watches as it crumples into nothing.

At the opera house...

  There are people holding playbills for tonight's performances.

  A big chandelier hangs above in the middle, giving off a beautiful glow.

  George sits in a box, high above the stage. Across from him are Martin and Brian, with some guards.

  Paul was to sing The point of no return, a song from a new opera show Don Juan Triumphant, alongside Pete Best.

  While bands come and play some ballads from different shows, George can't stop focusing on the guards that are around every corner.

  The song that Paul and Pete were singing called for a specific look. Paul was to wear black slacks, a white shirt, and a black coat, and he was to have a red flower in his coat pocket.

  Pete was also supposed to wear a suit similar to Paul, except his was grayer and had a cape instead of a suit jacket. He was also supposed to wear a mask that covers his eyes.

  While getting ready in his dressing room, Pete is just about to leave when a figure jumps on him.

  Finally, it was Paul's turn to go on.

  He walks on the stage and starts to sing.

  "No thought within her head, but thoughts of joy."

  He takes a glance at George, who is staring intensely, and goes back to singing.

  "No dreams within her heart, but dreams of love."

  Of course, Paul was no opera singer, but he still sang beautifully.

  Paul does as he was told, and acts out the scenes as if he were in the opera.

  Now it was time for Pete to come on.

  The curtain behind Paul opened and a man wearing a cape that was covering his face walks out.

  "Master?" The actor who opened the curtain spoke.

  "Passarino. Go away for the trap is set and waits for its prey."

  He looks at the man picking at the rose on the ground.

  He takes his cape away from the lower half of his face, only his eyes being covered by his mask.

  "You have come here. In pursuit of your deepest urge. In pursuit of that wish, which until now has been silent. Silent."

  Paul turns, knowing that he isn't going to see Pete.

  On the last "silent", the phantom puts a finger over his mouth and smirks, as to signal to Paul to not say a word.

  Paul slowly turns his head away.

  "I have brought you, that our passion may fuse and merge. In your mind, you've already succumbed to me, dropped all defenses, succumbed to me!"