Act I: Scene IX

I know what the Cavern Club looks like, but for this story, it's going to be bigger. Think with a big stage and a catwalk above it. Also, I know Ringo played with Rory, but it's for ✨story purposes ✨

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°
  George walks up to George M and Brian.

  "There are no other booths, and your booth is full." He says to the men.

  "Why not sit in booth five? It seems to be open." Martin points to the empty box.

  "But what about the phantom? His instructions were clear about keeping it closed."

  Martin rolls his eyes.

  "I'm sure he wouldn't mind."

  Everyone gets settled in their booths. Martin and Brian in one, and George in the other.

  While getting ready backstage, Ivan sets down a bottle of his throat spray.

  When he leaves it alone, a gloved hand quickly switches it out with an elixir.

  While another band performs, Allan Klein watches from a small catwalk.

  Finally, when the Quarrymen perform, Ivan is behind a microphone, while Paul is with his guitar, without a microphone.

  A dark shadow moves, drawing the attention of Allan.

  The figure looks down from the catwalk to see Ivan singing a song, and quickly leaves.

  Mal notices but doesn't say anything.

  The figure now goes up higher into the building, until he's met with a small window showing the performance.

  He goes out onto a small balcony that leads into the Cavern and watches from the shadows.

  "Did I not instruct that Box 5 was to be kept empty?" His booming voice echoes in the hall.

  All the performers and audience members look around.

  Allan looks at the figure and immediately starts to chase after him.

  "He's here. The phantom!" Ringo whispers to Paul.

  "It's him." Paul agrees.

  "Your part is silent, you little toad!" Ivan whisper yells to Paul.

  "A toad, good sir?" The phantom whispers.

  "Perhaps it is you who is the toad."

  Ivan tells some of his assistants to get his throat spray.

  After a few pumps, he's ready to go.

  When he goes back on stage, the phantom leaves the balcony.

  These chains of love got a hold on me- YEAH.

  On the yeah, it sounds like he stepped on a dying toad.

  Ivan made a terrible croaking noise, shocking everyone.

  Everyone starts to laugh at him. Even some from his bandmates.

  When Ivan tries to sing some more, all that comes out are deep croaks.

  Brian immediately asks for the curtains to close, while Ivan and the band go backstage.

  Martin and Brian rush to the stage to give an explanation.

  "Ladies and gentlemen," Martin starts, "we apologize. The performance will continue in 10 minutes when the lead singer will be played by Mr. McCartney."

  Martin takes Paul's wrist and leads him on the stage.

  Everyone applauds, excited to hear Paul's amazing voice.

  When they're done, Brian rushes Paul to go get ready.

  "Until then, we would crave your indulgence for a few moments," Brian says.

  George looks around, confused at the sight he just saw.

  "Meanwhile, we would like to give you Rory Storm and the Hurricanes!"

  "What?" Rory ask. Still sitting in his seat at a table, waiting to go on stage.

  "Rory, now! Please" Rory nods and he and his band quickly go backstage to get their instruments.

  "Thank you." Brian says, and he and Martin leave the stage, while the audience just applauds.

  The Hurricanes start playing music, which George enjoys.

  Meanwhile, Allan is still looking for the phantom, while he just hides in the shadows.

  By now, Allan is panting, tired.

  He turns and sees cold, dark, almond eyes staring at him.

  He turns to leave, but the figure chases after him.

  Allan fears for his life when he gets his foot caught in the catwalk.

  The figure walks up behind him, and out a rope around his neck, strangling him.

  When the phantom see's the life drained out of him, he drops his corpse.

  Right when Rory finishes his song, a body comes swinging down, being hung up by a noose.

  Screams and people are shouting.

  Rory and his band leave the stage, frightened.

  George immediately shoots up and leaves, looking for Paul.

  The swinging body falls into the stage, causing more panic, while the phantom just looks down, pocket knife in hand.

  "Ladies and gentlemen, please remain in your seats! Do not panic! It's simply an accident!" Martin says, but he too is horrified at the gruesome sight.

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

Curiosity killed the cat.