Act I: Scene VII

Remember: Bold italics- John singing

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

The sound of a soft music box wakes Paul up from his sleep.

He looks around and see's the tiny, porcelain, music box with tiny pictures of Alice in Wonderland.

He brings the see-through up, and the soft tune ends.

He starts remembering what happened and how he got here.

He steps out of the "bedroom" and sees a man sitting at a piano.

"I remember there was a boat, and in that boat, there was a man." He recalls, talking out loud.

The man turns to look at the, now awakened, singer, but then turns back to a piece of paper he was writing on.

"Who was that shape in the shadows? Whose is that face in the mask?" Paul questions, walking towards the man.

Paul touches the man's shoulder, and the man closes his eyes and lolls his head back.

Paul starts touching the mask, but the man doesn't notice.

Quickly, Paul takes the mask off, and the moment ends.

The man opens his eyes and pushes Paul to the ground before he can see his face, and puts a hand over his disfigured face.

"Damn you! You little prying Pandora!" He hollers at the man on the ground.

"You little demon! Is this what you wanted to see?!"

He starts throwing papers and uncovers a mirror, showing the horrible disfigurement.

"Curse You! You little lying Delilah!"

Paul lets out scared breaths and a small smile appears on his face.

The man goes back to covering half of his face with his hand and starts heading towards the scared man on the ground.

"You little viper! Now you cannot ever be free!" He screams.

Paul squirms back, smile disappearing.

"Damn you!" He says going down some stairs.

"Curse you!" He says, sounding defeated.

He turns away, looking in shame.

Paul gets on his forearms and looks at the man, pitiful.

"Stranger than you dreamt it, can you even bear to look or bear to think of me?" He says turning towards Paul.

"This loathsome gargoyle who burns in hell, but secretly yearns for heaven." He says, describing himself.

"Secretly, secretly..." He whispers.

The man turns to look at the mirror that showed Paul in a wedding suit.

"Paul, fear can turn to love, you'll learn to see."

"To find the man behind the monster."

He kneels in front of Paul, and Paul shows sympathy for the man.

"This repulsive carcass, who seems a beast," He goes on, showing the hatred he has for himself.

"But secretly dreams of beauty."

"Secretly, secretly..."

"Oh, Paul." He stops singing.

Paul doesn't notice the tears running down his face until feels the cold wetness slip from his eyes.

He feels guilt consume him and grabs the mask from the floor.

Slowly, he gives it to the man.

The man takes it and turns to put it on.

He stands and recomposes himself.

He walks towards Paul, who is still on the ground.

"Come, we must return. Those two fools who run my theater will be missing you."

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

And I thought I was self-conscious. Jk! Please love yourself, no matter your flaws! 💜💜

Also, Alice in Wonderland was written in 1865 so don't @ Me.