Act II: Scene XV

George, Mal, Brian, and George M. all walk while talking about the phantom.

  "We have all been blind, and yet the answer is staring us in the face." George tells the group.

  "This could be the chance to ensnare our clever friend."

  "We're listening!" Brian says, scared for the safety of his best singer.

  "Go on!"

  Everyone is outside of their dressing rooms, all quietly listening to their plans for tonight's performance.

  Some of the bands were invited to go play in an opera house, just a few blocks away from the cavern. They are to play some songs from different musicals and other shows.

  There was also a duet supposed to be held. Paul was singing and another man named Pete Best was to be singing with him.

  "We shall play his game. Perform his work, but remember, we hold the ace. For if McCartney sings, he is certain to attend." George says, talking about the phantom.

  "We are certain the doors are barred!"

  "We are certain the police are there!" Martin already made sure there were dozens of police officers, and some of the Queen's guards, there to keep Paul safe.

  "We are certain they're armed." George says, prepared for everything.

  "The curtain falls, his reign will end!"

A few hours before Paul goes on...

  There are guards all marching outside of the opera house, and many more inside.

  George walks up to where Paul's sleeping quarters are and finds him having a mini panic attack.

  He walks up to the shaking man.

  "George, I'm frightened. Don't make me do this." Paul says, knowing he has no choice.

  Tears stream down his red face, with quivering lips.

  "George, it scares me."

  Paul stands up and George immediately goes over to give him a tight hug.

  "Don't put me through this ordeal by fire. He'll take me. I know."

  George pulls away to look at the younger man.

  "We'll be parted forever. He won't let me go."

  Paul looks at the stained glass window bringing in light and walks towards it.

  "What I once used to dream, I know dread. If he finds me, it won't ever end. And he'll always be there, singing songs in my head."

  Paul sits on the window sill and just stares at the colourful glass.

  George walks over to his fiance.

  "You said yourself he was nothing, but a man. Yet, while he lives, he will haunt us till we're dead."

  He takes his lover's hands, squeezing them.

  "Twisted every way, what answer can I give? Am I to risk my life, to win the chance to live? Can I betray the man who once inspired my voice? Do I become his prey?"

  "Do I have any choice? He kills without a thought. He murders all that's good. I know I can't refuse, and yet I wish I could. Oh God, if I agree, what horrors wait for me, in this, the Phantoms Cavern."

  "Paul, don't think that I don't care, but every hope and every prayer rest on you now."

  George wipes away Paul's tear and they share another embrace.

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

I know nothing really interesting happened in here, but that's for the next few chapters.