Act II: Scene XII

Oh boy, this is a long one!

Bold- John singing

Bold italics- Paul singing

Bold underlined- George singing

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

Ivan runs behind a curtain to see his best friend, Pete Best, dead on the ground.

Everyone is screaming while Brian and Martin try to find George, who is trying to find Mal.

"Where did he take him?" He yells at Mal, who is trying to push through the singers.

"Come with me! I will take you to him, but remember keep your hand at the level of your eyes!" Mal says, leading the way.

"I'll go with you!" Ringo pipes in from behind.

"No, Rings! You must stay here!"

Mal and George walk off, and some go behind Ringo, trying to get a glimpse of what's happening.

"No!" He yells, trying to stop them from passing.

John grabs ahold of Paul's wrist very tightly, navigating his way through the catacombs.

"Down once more to the dungeons of my black despair! Down we plunge to the prison of my mind! Down the path into darkness, deep as hell!" He more screams than sings.

Paul is roughly being dragged along, whimpering a bit as the man has a tight grip on his skinny wrist. He could already feel the bruising that is to come.

"Why you ask, was I bound and chained in this cold and dismal place? Not for any mortal sin, but for the wickedness of my abhorrent face!"

All the love and compassion that Paul once felt for this man is now gone once he sees the true madness that he is.

Upstairs, people have torches, guns, and ropes to capture this creature that haunted this city for too many years.

They all have one goal, to kill whatever this creature is.

"Hounded out by everyone, met with hatred everywhere. No kind words from anyone, no compassion anywhere."

He roughly grabs Paul and takes him out of the small boat.

Paul squirms as a man has a tight grip.

John brings Paul over to his mirror showing Paul in it, with his gown.

"Paul."

His voice breaks as he says his name, clearly about to cry.

"Why?" The phantom asks.

"Why?!" He asks again more roughly, causing Paul to flinch back.

Mal leads George down a set of stairs, torch in hand. They hear the chorus of people following them, trying to catch this monster.

Mal abruptly stops, causing George to almost hit him.

"Here. This is as far as I dare go."

They stop right where the stairs end and where another set of stairs begin.

George looks at the stairs then turns to the older man.

"Thank you."

He simply nods, while George takes off his coat, not wanting to ruin it.

George starts to take some off his clothing until he is caught in a booby trap.

"Ah!"

George falls into a pool of deep water. Once he emerges, he notices the roof closing in on him.