Act I: Scene IV

Please listen to the song before reading this chapter.

Also, I'm using some songs from the movie, so if it is in italics and Bold, the phantom (John) is singing. If it is in bold, Paul is singing. Underlined, bold, and italics mean they're singing together.

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

  Paul is left alone in his dressing room. He knows it is late and everyone has left already.

  Paul sighs and starts getting ready for dinner with George.

  After fixing one of his shirt cuffs, a gust of wind blows out the candles in the room.

  Paul looks around, scared. He starts heading for the door when he hears a voice.

  "Insolent boy, this slave of fashion." It sings.

Paul turns, looking for a voice.

  "Basking in your glory!"

  "Ignorant fool, this brave young suitor. Sharing in my triumph!"

  "Angel, I hear you. Speak, I listen. Stay by my side, guide me." Paul sings out.

  "Angel, My soul was weak, forgive me. Enter at last, master."

  "Flattering child, you shall know me. See why in shadow I hide."

  "Look at your face in the mirror." It commands.

  Paul does as he's told.

  "I am there inside!"

  A tall black-cloaked figure, wearing a white mask that covers half of his face, appears in the mirror.

  In a trance, Paul walks towards the mirror.

  "Angel of music, guide, and guardian. Grant to me your glory."

  "Angel of music, hide no longer. Come to me strange angel."

  "I am your angel of music. Come to me, angel of music."

  Outside the door, George hears a voice in the dressing room.

  "Whose is that voice! Who's in there?"

  Meanwhile, inside Paul is in a trance-like state, listening to the commands of the Angel.

  "I am your angel of music."

  "Paul, Paul!" George's voice echoes.

  "Come to me, Angel of music."

  The figure lets out his hand, and without hesitation, Paul takes it.

[Cue music]

  The figure pulls Paul through the mirror, and they start walking through some corridors. 

  "In sleep, he sang to me, in dreams he came. That voice that calls to me, and speaks my name." Paul sings.

  The phantom leads him down a flight of stairs.

  "And do I dream again, for now, I find. The Phantom of the Cavern is there, inside my mind."

  They reach the bottom of the stairs and see a horse. The phantom helps Paul get on and starts singing.

  "Sing once again for me, our strange duet."

  "My power over you grows stronger yet."

  "And though you turn from me, to glance behind. The Phantom of the Cavern is there, inside your mind."

  The phantom helps Paul get off the horse, and they enter into a small boat. Paul sits while the phantom rows.

  "Those who have seen your face, drawback in fear. I am the make you wear." "It's me they hear."

  "Your spirit and my voice, in one combined."  They sing together.

  "The Phantom of the Cavern is there, inside my mind!"

  A big gate opens up to reveal living quarters of some sort. Candles are everywhere, giving off a beautiful glow.

  "He's there, the phantom of the Cavern."

  "Ah!" [Insanely long high notes]

  "Sing my angel of music!" The phantom says, getting pleasure out of Paul's singing.

  "Sing, my angel."

  "Sing for me!"

  "Sing, my angel!"

  "Sing for me!"

[Last high note] "Ah!"

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°
Holy moly, this took a while to write! Not sure how I feel about this one, but it's okay ig.

Hope y'all didn't get lost during the singing!

I also didn't use the full song because 1) not in the movie and 2) it would have taken me longer.

The next chapter should be coming out tomorrow, so stay tuned!