Act I: Scene III

"Princess Paulie let his mind wander," George says while closing the door.

Paul recognizes the voice and puts down his rose.

"Princess Paulie thought, "am I a fonder of dolls, or goblins or shoes?"

Paul turns to look at him, "George." He smiles.

"Or of riddles, or frocks?" George says, putting the flowers down.

"Those picnics in the attic." Paul smiles, remembering the times they shared.

"Or of chocolates?" George finishes.

"Father playing the violin." Paul says.

"As we read to each other the dark stories of the North." George kneels in front of Paul.

"No, "Princess Paulie said," when I lay in my bed, and the angel of music sang songs in my head." Paul remembers.

"Oh, you sang so beautifully tonight!" George says, hugging Paul.

"When my father died, he said he will send an angel of music to me. Well, father's dead, George. And I have been visited by an angel."

"Oh, there's no doubt about that. And now we go to supper." George takes Paul's hand and starts walking to the door.

"No George."

"The angel of music is very strict." Paul warns.

"Well, I shan't keep you up late." George says with a chuckle.

"George, no.

"Well, you must change." George says, not paying attention.

"I'll order a carriage. Two minutes, princess Paulie."

"No. George, wait!" George leaves, not noticing the keys in the door.

A black figure locks the door and takes off with the keys. Mal notices but doesn't say anything.

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

Way to be smooth George. Anyways, I decided to cut it off here cause the next chapter will have a lot.

If anyone has a problem with me calling Paul, "Princess Paulie", please comment. In no way am I trying to feminize Paul. In the og story, Raoul calls Christine "little Lotte", so I thought the two p's in "princess Paulie" would be great. If you have any suggestions on what I should call him, please tell me. I want to make my readers happy and excited to read the story, but please don't say I'm unoriginal for calling Paul that. Thank you for coming to my TED talk! 💜💜