Chapter 37 - Protecting Bryce!!

🍁"It's not your job to fix me.
It's your job to hold my hand,
Whilst I fix myself"🍁

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kyler's P.O.V.

I reached the school the next day and parked my bike at Bryce's parking spot. Too many days have passed away since I last spoke to her. I am craving her presence badly. I got a call from Kimberley.

"Hello", I said.

"Where are you?", She asked.

"Parking", I replied.

"I'm also in the parking. Which parking are you at?", She inquired.

"Outside school", I replied.

"What are you doing there? Didn't I ask you to stay away from Bryce?", She said sounding angry.

"I need to see her once. I can't take this anymore. Bye", saying so, I hang up. I received a text from her.

'Don't do anything stupid. I'm coming over there', ~ K.

I rolled my eyes. Why is she so bossy? Yesterday night, we planned a small meeting at Jimmy's home. He proposed to Kimberley and she agreed instantly. I never knew that a girl like Kimberley can have feelings for someone. She has an arrogant and don't mess with me vibe around her all the time.

May be that side of her is for me only.

I saw Bryce's car. I pretended to be busy scrolling my Instagram feed. My heartbeat raced up when she parked her car and got down. She noticed me. My grip on my mobile screen tightened. Why the heck am I so nervous? I noticed her footwear. She had worn sneakers today. She walked towards me and stopped. 

"Hey", I hear her soft voice. Isn't she supposed to ignore me for being a total jerk to her all these days?

I looked up into her black onyx eyes and my heart skipped its multiple beats all at once. Those beautiful eyes were looking at me. I felt so special. Eye contacts aren't her thing yet she found the courage to face me. She looked away after five seconds.

"Hey Bryce", I replied.

Bryce bear, my heart said.

"How are you?", I asked.

Are you alright?, My heart asked.

"Good. How are you?", She asked.

"I'm great as well", I replied.

I'm not at all fine. I missed you so much. You can't even imagine, my heart said.

Unable to hold my emotions, I looked away from her. I stared at my mobile screen. If I'd talk to her for another minute, I might hug her or worse kiss her. I don't want to hurt her feelings anymore.

"Will you attend class?", She asked again. I closed my eyes. This is pure torture.

For once in months, she's initiating conversation with me and here I'm ignoring her. The day I was craving for was finally here. She was giving me her undivided attention for crying out loud. Why is God doing this to me? I'll not let this opportunity slip out of my hand. I'm gonna talk to her.