Chapter 1 - I Need Solitude!!

"Stillness. Quiet. Solitude. Fresh Air. Finding My Rest!!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Bryce's P.O.V.

The classroom's door opened and I looked up from my notebook. The hustling and bustling of the class came to an end. Along with our teacher, peaceful silence prevailed inside the whole room. The sound of the said teacher's boots was quite fascinating to my ears.

"Good morning Mr. Feltchman", the whole class wished our new English teacher. He smiled at our warm welcome.

"Good morning class. I welcome you all to the first day of your Sophomore's year", the old man with white beard said. He had black hair with white strands at the corner of his ears and a few strands mixed fashionably amongst the black. I sighed. The eyebags under his eyes and wrinkles around the corner of his mouth told us about the years this man has passed, the year of experience he had gained all this time of his existence.

He must be in his early fifties!!

"Today we'll not study much. As this is your first day, I will not bore you. You guys just give me your introduction. I want to know about my new students", he said cheerfully. His happy mood was quite a charming feature.

I groaned mentally. I just hate this thing. I hate introduction. Why do I need to show up myself in front of the whole class? Can't I stay like I don't know anyone and no one knows me? Why is my introduction so necessary or anyone's else for that matter?

One by one each and every student started giving their introduction. Some were expert at them and some were just way too shy and hesitant. I noticed everyone. The popular kids, the all the time talk of the school could be spotted from the distance only. It's like they carry their own personal spotlight with them. Whenever they're asked to show up, their spotlight just flashed on over them and rest of world around them blurred out.

"Hey everyone. I'm Hana Jules. I was one of the members of the cheerleader team last year and this year I'll try to become the captain. I love shopping and I adore fashionable people. If you want to be my friend, be expensive", she said flashing her beautiful smile. Boys drool over her like anything. She's so beautiful that she can be a crush of many girls too.

I'll like to be cheap, I thought!!

After giving an introduction, she sat down back on her seat but boys still have their heads towards her desk. She's a tall, beautiful blonde with an amazing fashion sense and yes she knows how to talk, unlike me. Hana Jules, the girl of every boy's dream.

"Good morning everyone. I'm Kenneth Weasley. I love sports and maths is one of my favourite subjects. I'm not a geek. I love partying and making friends. For being my friend, all you need is to ask", he said with a smirk.

"I'd love to make him my maths tutor. I know he must be having some good moves", the girl sitting in front of me whispered in her friend's ear. I felt nauseous as the real meaning behind her words dawned upon me.

I noticed Kenneth Weasley carefully. His sea blue eyes and those golden flocks of hair messed carelessly were just too good for his perfectly tanned skin. His chiseled jaw and a little rough stubble earned sighs from other beautiful girls. I saw Hana winking at him. After today, just like last year, the school will be divided into popular, less popular and unknowns. I belong to the latter. I like being unknown. Kenneth walked back to his seat with his signature smirk because he knew everyone's eyes were on him.