Chapter 23 - Happy Birthday!!

🍁"I Take Mental Vacations"🍁
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kyler's P.O.V.

'The number you're trying to call is currently switched off'. I hang up. I glanced at my side.

"Did she not pick up?", Asked the most annoying girl ever. Any guesses? Yes. One and only Kimberly.

"Her mobile is switched off. I told you, Bryce will be a party popper. She's an introvert. She doesn't like much interaction", I said narrowing my eyes at her.

"Your girl doesn't give a damn about you. I wonder why are you so head over heels for her?", She chuckled and I rolled my eyes.

Never hit a girl, I chanted in my mind.

"She's not my girl", I said.

Yet, my heart replied!!

Shut up.

"Then why did you take so much efforts for baking a cake for her? I asked you to join me for the midnight party. No one asked you to do such a special gesture for her", She said and I sighed. Why did my mom tell her this secret? Ladies can't keep a secret. Ever.

"She's my friend. Your brother is asking her out for a coffee. To my surprise, she agreed as well. So, in that case. She's your brother's girl", I said. I didn't like the sound of my words at all.

"My brother is gay", Kimberly said and my eyes widened.

"What?", I asked not believing my ears. Why am I relieved?

"I mean I feel that my brother is gay. He asked Bryce for coffee because she helped him. I've never seen him dating any girl. So I strongly feel he's a gay", she said and my hopes were crushed.

"You do like poking your nose in others business for sure", I said and she rolled her eyes.

"Only if it wasn't for Bryce, I'd have never ever let you sit inside my car", she said and I glanced at her Porsche. That metallic piece of art is surely a treat to eyes.

"You were persistent to drive your car. Not my problem", I said and she glanced at her mobile screen.

"It's midnight already. Her birthday started and here I'm wasting my time talking to you, instead of wishing her. Great. Just great", she sighed and I clenched my jaws.

Who is even interested in talking to her? Someone show her a mirror!!

"If you're so much into celebrating her birthday, go inside and bring her out. I dare you", I said and she huffed.

"You're going inside not me", she replied.

"Why?", I asked.

"Because her family knows you better than me. This is the most basic thing. You are so ignorant", She said.