Chapter 10 - Shy Nature Is Adulthood Goal!!

🍁"I'm A Private Person. I Dislike Being The Centre Of Attention"🍁

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Bryce's P.O.V.

Parking my car outside the orphanage, I climbed down my car and adjusted my cap. I prefer to wear some casual and a bit friendly dress to meet the children. They're something I'm comfortable with. I've worn a plain white shirt along with denim and sneakers. With a cap over my head and a shirt tied to my waist in case of emergency, I threw the bag of gifts over my shoulder and walked inside.

I hope this day goes well!!

I picked out my mobile to call Jimmy because he's the one who is going to show me around and give me my task. I contemplated on to call him or text him. After giving a thought, I decided to send a text. It's easy and more convenient for me.

"I'm here", B.

I sent the message and waited for his reply. I looked at the mobile screen standing near the gate of the orphanage. As I was staring at my mobile screen, it started ringing all of a sudden startling me. Jimmy called me in reply to my text. Why did he do that? He could have texted me back.

Taking a sigh, I tapped the green button and said, "I'm here".

"Come inside. I'm in the office. I'll meet you outside in ten minutes", he said.

"Ok", I said and hung up.

I walked inside and looked all around myself. Kids of age from three to thirteen, everyone was playing and busy amongst themselves without worrying about the outside world. They're busy in this shelter they call their home which was preventing them from the pain and cruel people outside. I wish I could stay here too. My parents have already abandoned me, I'm also like them.

I sat down on a bench and watched kids playing cricket and football. I smiled looking at their happy faces. I've never played any outdoor games like them ever because I was the single child and my shy nature earlier didn't let me have friends. My shy nature which was a problem for me, that becomes my adulthood goals.

A football rolled on the ground and stopped right in front of me. A boy of around eight years ran and stood in front of me. He looked at me and then at the ball which was near my leg.

"Could you pass the ball?", He asked. I nodded and slightly kicked the ball to him. He thanked me and ran away.

"You could have kicked it with force. That's a football. It doesn't hurt", a familiar voice from my side caught my attention. I looked at the source of the sound and saw Mr. Kyler Grace standing in front of me. He had also worn a white shirt and blue denim. We're twinning today.