Chapter 39 - I'm Yours!!

🍁"I Can't People Today" 🍁

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Bryce's P.O.V.

"Hey Bryce bear", Kyler said as soon as he picked up the call. I closed my eyes. Something melts inside me.

"Let's talk", I said.

"I'm all ears. Thanks for calling", he said.

"Why are you so good to me, Kyler?", I asked. I felt my vision blurring. I felt vulnerable.

He should be angry at me.

"Because you're my favourite person", He said.

"I'm a horrible person. I never treated you well. I never gave you the right amount of respect you deserved", I said.

"Remember, you told me once that I've to earn respect from you. You don't sell them", he said and it hurts. 

I'm such a bi**h.

"I'm so sorry Kyler. Please forgive me. I only give you trouble, nothing else", I said.

"Don't be sorry Bryce. Whatever I did was my wish. I like you. You never asked me to like you. So if I take up troubles to save you then it's my wish as well. Why are you sorry?", He asked.

"Why do you like me? I don't deserve that", I said as a silent tear rolled down my cheek. His words were healing my internal wounds bit by bit.

"Have I earned respect in your eyes?", He asked.

"Yes. You've all my respect. I've lost respect for myself though. I can't face myself", I said. I held the pillow tight to my chest and took deep breaths. I don't want any sort of breakdown in front of Kyler.

"Bryce, I don't know why do you always do this?", He said as he left a deep sigh.

"Do what?", I asked.

"Pushing people away. Be it your family or your friends. You always pushed Yasmine, Luke, and even your dad away. They care for you because they like you. You're important to them. You can't choose for others. They choose you and kept you on the priority because they wanted to. Why do you like to look only at the bad side of life?", He asked. I stayed quiet.

Because I'm a bad person.

"Kyler, you deserve best. I'm bad news to you", I said. My inner self judged me immediately. Isn't this always me? I drown myself in so much self pity that it hurt others. That's what I do. I hurt people. 

"Bryce, I won't repeat myself. So hear me out clearly. I just want you to stop blaming yourself for anything. My heart likes you and it has decided to be always there for you. I didn't ask you to reciprocate my feelings. If you can't like me, then don't. It's completely okay. But never ever ask me to unlike you. I don't know how to do that. I don't care if you can never be mine. Just so you know that I'm yours", he said. His words melted every piece and bit of my cold-hearted wall. I felt my heart swelled up. His words healed me.

"Kyler-", I tried speaking but he cuts me off.

"No, don't speak anything. Just let me finish. You liked Caleb even though you knew that he will never like you back. These are feelings, Bryce. You can't control them. If your one-sided crush is genuine then so do mine. You can't be a hypocrite", he said.