Part 4

" ok so first one to get it in the bin has dibs on the last pudding cup got it?" Severus asked.

" got it."

They have been throwing wads of paper at the bin that sat on the other edge of the room for almost half an hour, severus floating the little balls back to them.

" hey when is your birthday anyway? Im kind of getting sick of always being the one to do magic for the both of us."

" nobody says you have to do it for me."

" except when i have to expel stuff from your airways so you dont die, heal your throat, dry your hair-"

" it was like one time! I didn't wanna wait!"

" well then just tell me! Here ill tell you mine. Its January 9th. Now tell me yours."

" well if thats how it works then ill show you mine and you show me yours."

" you're disgusting."

" you love it."

Severus sneered at him and rolled his eyes.

" i only asked for your birthday, dont make me regret ever talking to you."

" fine fine. If i tell you what do i get?" James looked to his side, catching the wads of paper dropped from the air in front of him.

" what do you want? Cuz unless you throw it in that bin its definitely not gonna be the last pudding cup." Severus looked back.

James thought about then had a knowing grin on his face.

" i want a kiss." He said smugly.

Severus would never actually agree to it. It was way too much just to know someones birthday. Severus had common sense so james didn't have to worry about actually going through with it-

" sure."

But apparently severus' common sense was on a break today.

" what?" James chokes out almost immediately.

" sure. Ill give you a kiss. Now tell me." Severus sat up.

James' mouth opened and closed, unsure of what to do.

" um I didn't think-"

" i would do it? Yeah well i will, so tell me loverboy." Severus teased.

This just made it harder. The nickname made it harder. WAY harder to ignore his quickening heart beat and the way his mouth seemed to dry up.

" uhm......march 27th?"

" are you asking me or telling me?"

" im telling you?"

" potter."

" yes im telling you. Its march 27th. Happy?"

" well not really."

" what? Why not?"

" because its literally tomorrow. Why didn't you tell me? I could've at least done something for you."

" severus we are trapped in a hospital and cannot go outside. How were you ever gonna do anything?"

" well i dont know. Im smart and scrappy I would've figured something out. And plus its what friends do." Severus huffed, completely skipping over the change in name.

James didn't notice it either. At some point Snivilus had become Severus and it had slipped out unconsciously.

" friends?" He asked instead. It baffled him more anyway.