Part 15

" sev you have to get up."

" i cant."

" its time for your treatment come on."

" i cant let him wake up alone."

The nurse sighed, defeated and turned to his healer.

" severus."

" you're just making sure my lungs are working right? Cant you do it here?" He looked back dejected.

3 days. Its been 3 days since james was put under a coma and he hasn't woken up. And severus hasnt left his side either.

Thankfully he was breathing on his own, the ventilator was gone and he was moved into a private room.

And severus never left his side. He had been sitting by him, hoping he'd wake up for 3 days and he refused to go in case he woke up and he was alone.

" pam i can do it tomorrow. He seems fine and im sure it can be delayed one day." The healer put a comforting hand on the nurse's shoulder.

Pamela looked up and sighed, turning around with the doctor and walking out of the room.

Severus still sat in the seat, watching over james as his chest constricted with pain.

He was constantly on the verge of tears, barely holding it together. The Potters visited everyday, saying hi to severus and bringing him food.

They were extremely nice towards him for whatever reason but severus wasn't complaining. He just felt tired, and alone without James' loud personality around him.

" why is this so hard."

Loving someone shouldnt be hard. Loving shouldnt be THIS painful. But when it came to Severus it didn't come naturally.

He didn't grow up with a loving example or even loving parents. He was neglected and abused all his life and when he finally met someone he loved, they didn't love him back.

And now he loved someone else, someone he thought he would never fall for.

" it shouldn't be this hard." Severus groaned.

He rest his forehead on james' bed, internally screaming as his heart ached.

He wished he could just slip into james' mind, see whats holding him up. He wanted to know exactly how james felt and what it was like to be james.

" wait a second." His head shot up.

A revelation. A ground breaking revelation hit him like a semi truck.

" could this......work?" He asked himself, glancing to james' sleeping body.

It'd be painful. EXTREMELY painful. And its not guaranteed.

What if he just sees black? What if james' mind is blank? How deep should he go to reach his subconscious.

It doesn't hurt to try. Well it doesn't hurt ME to try.

Severus sucked in a deep breath, eyebrows knotting as he mulled his brain over and over again.

I guess im doing it.

————————————————————-

Severus woke with a start. He panicked a little when realized his surroundings weren't the same as when he drifted off.

He looked around frantically, panic lessening when he realized he was in a garden. A beautiful one.

Bright yellow and white daffodils lined the side hedges, a beautiful marble fountain in the center with eccentric bushes all around.