Part 9

" at least they have good food." James commented.

They were sitting at a table at the reception and james was currently scarfing down the pasta like there was no tommorow.

" i can tell that you like it but at least try to be cleaner." Severus reached over and pat his mouth with a napkin.

A small blush dusted james' face as he took the napkin from him, opting to do it himself.

" sorry. I forgot what its like to be outside." He smirked.

Severus chuckled, sitting back in his chair with his arms and legs crossed.

" it is strange." He looked around the venue.

It was beautiful, decorated to perfection. The ceremony was outside and then the whole thing was moved inside the malfoy manor garden.

" it is. Its scary too." James said.

Severus knot his eyebrows and looked at him.

" really? How so?"

James stopped eating and wiped his mouth.

" look around sev. This place is crawling with death eaters. Death eaters giving me death glares." He grimaced.

" hm. I never noticed. To me they all just look like my classmates."

James snorted.

" yeah i thought so. Im glad you never ended up like them. Would've been a whole lot harder to live with you if you were." He smiled.

Severus smiled back then pushed his head away with his index finger.

" yeah yeah, keep eating asshole."

James snickered and went back to his plate of food.

" severus! You made it!" Someone squealed to his side.

He turned and saw narcissa running towards him in her reception dress. It wasnt as poofy and was a nice cream color instead.

" narcissa." Severus smiled, standing up and giving her a hug.

" i havent heard from you in a while so i feared you wouldn't come."

" of course id come. It's your wedding." Severus squeaked out.

It hurt to say it, that it was their wedding but he swallowed down the unsure thoughts and tried to breath.

" oh and you brought i guest." Narcissa's tone changed mid sentence.

Narcissa was much more forgiving for these types of things but didn't mean she liked it.

" hello." James smiled.

Severus shifted. He definitely should've put an illusions charm on him.

" I didn't know you'd bring him." She said softly.

" good to see you too Black. Oh im sorry, Mrs.Malfoy." James bowed his head.

Severus pursed his lips and looked down.

" uh huh, does lucius know you brought him?" She asked much more sternly.

" he saw him yes. We haven't quite talked yet."

" oh boy. Thats not gonna be fun."

" i know. I might have to leave early."

" I understand." She nodded.

She pat severus shoulder lovingly, looking james up and down distastefully.

" severus." Lucius' voice broke through the tension.