Part 8

" are you ready?" James asked.

He fixed severus' tie, and by fixing he meant taking it off and chucking it at his bed.

" wha- that was my tie!" Severus reached for it but it was already laying on his bed.

" ties are for losers. Your 17, try to look the part yeah?" James pat his chest.

Severus huffed and rolled his eyes, going to the bed and picking up his tie.

" its formal wear. I need the tie."

" fine. But keep it off for now. If you really want to wear it ill put it on before the ceremony starts." James took the tie from him and pocketed it.

Severus gave him a weird look then shook his head.

" fine." He sighed and pulled his hair back into a ponytail at the nape of his neck.

" exactly. Ties are for people over the age of 25 and you my friend are not that so lets dress to impress today." James smiled.

He looked Severus up and down, admiring him in his sleek black suit.

" you couldn't wear a white dress shirt? Or better, no dress shirt?" James poked at severus' dark viridian collared shirt.

" whats wrong with viridian? And no shirt, really? To a wedding?"

" come on! It'd be a show stopper. Anyway, it makes you look really dark. Nice color though." James complimented.

Severus nodded. He always wore dark colors, light colors never really suited him.

" come on. Lets go. Ceremony starts at 1."

Severus looked at his watch, the one james insisted he wore. Somehow in the 4 days they had to prepare for this wedding, james had pulled together two outfits and gifted one for severus to wear.

It wasnt super fancy, just a nice suit and a few accessories.

" hey can i do something to your hair?" James asked.

Severus looked at him confused and tilted his head.

" but my hairs already done."

" i know but i feel like it would look really good if you slicked it back but didn't tie it."

" what do you mean?"

" please just let me do your hair."

" are you sure you can?"

" have you seen my hair? I have experience." James gestured to the slightly messy but fluffy black hair on his own head.

" hmmm. No."

" come on please. I promise ill make you look good."

" i am not trusting you with my hair potter."

" please please please-"

" no. No no no-"

" PLEASE."

" NO-! Ah james!"
————————————————————

Eventually severus gave in. James had spent half an hour fiddling with his long hair and wouldn't let him look until he was done.

When he was finally done they were so late he barely had a chance to look at the mirror.

They apparated to the venue just in time, severus and james arguing the small walk to where the ceremony was taking place.

" i told you no." Severus hissed.