Part 16

3 weeks.

Hes been unconscious for 3 weeks and severus was losing his mind. He was constantly on the brink of tears and he hadnt been able to get into james' mind again.

It was like james was blank, empty. Hollow.

His thoughts weren't even surfacing.

" you're recovery isn't going so well. Are you sure you've been doing ok?" His healer asked with concern.

He just nodded robotically.

" severus. Answer truthfully." She pried.

Severus sighed and looked down with a hand in his hair.

" how could i? Hes still unconscious. Its been 3 weeks, hes completely healed and he still wont wake up!" He exasperated.

His doctor looked at him sympathetically and inhaled sharply.

" well.....you're supposed to be discharged tomorrow. And go back to school. You've still got almost 2 months left."

" i know." Severus closed his eyes and held his head in his hands.

" but i cant leave yet."

" why not?"

" i cant leave when james is unconscious and in that state. I dont think id have the heart."

The healer nodded and shifted.

" well. I can delay your discharge 1 week, since it seems you haven't been doing so well so ill keep you for monitoring."

" thank you." He said softly.

He was frustrated. With life and this stupid disease and basically anything that comes in his way.

He trudged back to james' hospital room, dragging his feet tiredly like he seemed to do often now.

He took his place next to james' bed, sighing loudly through his nose and reaching over to grab james' hand.

Somehow he always felt comforted when holding the others hand. So now it was a normal part of his day.

He had stopped trying to communicate with james through legilimacy after the 10th failed attempt.

No matter what he just wasnt going through to him. It worried severus.

He bent forward and folded his arms, laying his head on the edge of james' bed and looking at his sleeping face.

His face was healthier, wasnt sunken in and overall better. Everything was overall better, he just wasnt waking up and severus was incredibly stressed from it.

He sighed, burying his face into the hospital sheets. He closed his eyes to maybe clear his mind.

Before he knew it, he was asleep.

————————————————————

Panic was all he felt. He didn't know if it was his or someone else's. Everything was pitch black.

He was surrounded in the empty abyss and all he could do was blindly look around.

He heard a wail, full of pain and panic and his blood ran cold. Before he knew it he was already running, his feet carrying him to seemingly no where.

There was a light, and then water. Water that ended just above his ankles filled the ground and splashed around as severus ran.

He continued to run until he he suddenly stopped, not on his own accord.