Ch 6. Second Realm-- Who is following me?

As much I wanted to  continue my journey to find the hidden castle, I realized I was thirsty and blood from my wounds made it impossible for me to stay away from water.  I needed to drink water and clean my wounds. So I ventured towards the magical waterfall and I drank my fill and gave my horse his share of water till he had his fill. Then I felt that my wounds have closed and there was not even a scratch on my body. This water was indeed magical and that made me understand why werewolves were angry when I was about to drink the water. They were guarding this magical water from mortals. I found myself healed then me and my horse Alfeo started moving deeper in the forest.

As tired and hungry I was, I was also determined to find the hidden castle. I have only ten days more to reach the castle. If not , then I would not be able to keep my words. I would rather die than to break my promise. I wanted to continue but my horse was adamant at having some food and rest.

 I loved my horse Alfeo, as he was the only one who kept my sanity in all the years I have been without a perfect family. I was not alone as I had other warriors and my closest friend Dexter who would do anything for me. But yet having a family is another thing. I let Alfeo have some green grass near the waterfall and took the food which Dexter had packed for me and started having my food.

I was enjoying the peace of the forest that I didn't realised when I dozed off near the tree where I had my food. I woke up in alarm when i heard the some shuffling sounds. I jolted awoke and immediately I held my sword only to realise that there were monkeys hanging from the trees and making noises.

Even though it was their nature to jump from one tree to another. I was indebted to them that they awoke me on time to resume my Journey. I took off with Alfeo and moved deeper into the forests. I felt the difference here. It was more darker than the place where I had met werewolves. I had a feeling that someone was watching me but I shrugged off the feeling that since I am in a forest and I am more alert than I usually am.

I heard the twigs snapping behind me but when I turned I could not find anyone there. I moved forward and again I heard the sound. Then I saw a blur of Image moving from one tree to another,for normal eyes it won't be visible but it didn't hide from my eyes. I kept my hands on the hilt of my sword and jumped down from Alfeo's back. I stared in all the directions and then I heard the voice of footsteps behind me close I drew my sword quickly and kept the sword at the base of the neck of a man.

 But something was different he didn't seem to be human. He was beautiful but pale as bloodless body. His eyes were strikingly black and when he realised what I did his eyes changed the colour and they became red and his canines came on its own accord. I was bit shocked but recovered. "Who are you and why are you following me?" I was questioning him and then in a swift motion he moved around and was standing back of me.

I instantly moved and side stepped to avoid his attack. I punch him under his armpit. He stumbled but again regained his balance. I kept the sword back at his heart. He sidestepped in a swift motion and suddenly bent on his knees and hit me in my stomach. I moved back with the impact and flew to the nearest tree.

He quickly moved and came near me and chocked my throat. I used my fist to hit him on face and used my sword to plunge him in stomach. His eyes bulged with the impact for it was not expected from his side. I removed my sword again and to my astonishment the wound has already healed. I was in a stupor a while when I felt someone moving close to me. I withdrew another sword and warned the person coming near me.