Ch 25. Nightmare turned Reality

I looked everywhere to find out any sign of the danger and noticed that southern window was open and cold winds have made their way inside. When I reached the window I found a dark form carrying the unconscious princess. I shouted at it and then it showed me its white teeth and soon the form drifted into nothingness.

I was frantically looking for princess but found no trace of her as I ran after the dark form. I was disappointed with myself. Though I was aware of the danger, yet I was not prepared and failed to keep princess safe. All the efforts to keep her safe from King of darkness were in vain.

I was jerked out of my reverie when I heard a voice " Warrior come back to your senses. Open your eyes "

When I opened my eyes I found myself outside the princess door. Everything was as it should be. I knocked the door and when Lady Maria opened it and confirmed all was well. I felt relieved. But then was I sleeping and having this nightmare. I was just pondering on this when I heard the same huky voice which broke my reverie earlier

"Dear, Mark my words . What you envisioned was not a nightmare but a vision sent to you. Be careful and in no condition leave the chamber doors. It would be best if you were inside the chambers. If you need, send for the Oracle and guard the princess inside her chambers"

Tonight is crucial I ran to Oracle to get some guidance and when I reached there I found her knocked unconscious on the floor. I sprayed water on her face and she resumed her senses.. No she didn't

I had to think wisely I have to do something now. All the guards were unconscious and no trace of princess. It hit my pride that the soldiers or brutes I had prepared could not help keep my princess safe.... Wait did I said My Princess... of course she is mine. Although I will never admit it to any living soul.

I stormed towards princess chambers and found that she was not on her bed. Lady Mary was unconscious on the ground like Oracle. I ran to the direction I had seen the black figure running and found that there was no trace of any living being. All I felt was silence and saw darkness wherever the your sight could go.

I heard voices and I headed at the direction of the noise. When I went there I saw two huge black forms fighting and princess was nowhere to be found. I saw those two giants fighting vigorously and then one of them who was already bleeding black liquid crushed the skull of the other and took out the heart of the other. Both the huge bodies fell few feet infront of me. Then after few moments both disappeared from my sight.

I didn't know which direction to go and I seemed lost in the dark forest.

"Warrior.... keep moving east you will find her"

I heard the husky voice again. I moved towards East and then I felt a white light glowing. I sprinted in that direction and found her unconscious on a heap of grass bed surrounded by flowers under the moonlight. She looked ethereal like a sleeping fairy... All I could do was stare at her. She had a smile on her face and my heart was beating like drums and echo of it was in my ears.

I just stood and watched over her. Yes I found her... I would make sure she is safe and she is bounded to a man who would worship the ground she walks the one who will treasure her...

Deep down in my heart I wanted to be that man but I knew I could not do that. I knew Royals don't marry their subjects.

As I was about to lift her so I can take her back to palace.....

You cannot keep her away from me Alex I will come back for her... again.....

I stared in all the direction but could not find anyone. I quickly lift her settled her on my shoulder. I ran in the direction of Palace. I kept walking and soon I knew it would be dawn but the satisfying thing was I had princess with safe and secure.

We reached Palace and I tucked princess in her bed. She has still not woken from her unconscious state. I called the physician to checking princess. When she was done she assured that she is completely healthy. I was relieved and then I went to check on the Oracle.

I opened her chamber and she was lying on her bed. She smiled at me when she saw me. I smiled back.

"Alex you saved her.. I knew you would be able to " She said

I nodded my head in assent.

"I know you are wondering what happened last night" She asked

"Of course I would like to. I had a dream about the situation which was about to happen. I found you fainted on the ground which is not the sight I would like to see. I saw all the soldiers unconscious and then I found princess missing and I ran in the forest saw some big giants fighting and then they disappeared. I heard husky voice which warned me of the danger and also led me to the place where I found the princess. It feels so strange and weird. I would not have believed it if not the unconscious princess" I replied

"I know it is lot to take in. But I will answer your questions soon" She said

"Also I am not able to understand how dark creatures were even breathing in our Land. When there is protection spell"

Her smile disappeared at that and she said "Alex... last night the protection spell was broken..."

"What?? how?? I mean it's impossible" I said.