Ch 22. Uncontrollable Power

Dexter came near me and said " See I told you you are a natural..."

I nodded my head but I was still feeling that something could go wrong still.

Astra's POV

Early in the dawn I was woken up by Sophia and I smiled at her when I opened my eyes.

I had a good and refreshing sleep but what really made me happy was that I have managed to spoil the arrangements.The thought made me too happy.

 I got up from my bed and refreshed myself. After I was done, Sophia put forth the breakfast of fresh fruits. I dugged into it and asked why no cooked meal.

To which she replied "Well seems like someone really forgot today is the day of celebration and she herself asked cook to just go ahead with preparing the dishes for celebration and leave the breakfast of fresh fruits for her" Sophie replied.

" Oh of course I told him not to bother with that" I said. Suddenly I remembered that I did not decide about my dress for the event. 

" Sophie I don't have any dress for the event" I told her

"Well I thought so..we can always go to your mother's room for loaning the gowns. She has an exquisite collection of gowns. You must go there" she said

Then after the breakfast Sophie took me to the old queen's chamber and we searched for gowns. After a long time we got a strapless mermaid gown with low cut which was satin color with golden flowers flowing in a v-shape and front was having  frills of netted white material with a mix of silver work on the front. I just loved the dress and decided to wear it for the celebration.

When we came back to my chambers. My bath with milk and red rose and incense was ready. I took a long and relaxing bath and while my maids were busy massaging my foot and back and arms. I didn't know when I dozed off.

I woke up when Sophia shook my arms.

"It's time to dress up my dear princess" she said with a smile.

"Oh I am so sorry, I must have been tired" I replied sheepishly.

After I was dressed in the gown, Sophie took her task of making my hair in a half crown style. She applied Kohl in my eyes though I didn't need it I had the darkest eyelashes and she applied a balm making my rosy lips shine

With my final make over I looked like a different person and beyond beautiful. 

"Oh Sophie I am feeling so good. You made me feel like a beautiful person" I said smiling

"Well you are a very beautiful woman Princess both inside and outside" She told me.

We chatted for sometime and soon it was time for me to make my presence in the throne room. I made my way towards the throne room where the crowning ceremony will take place followed by my maiden friends. I could feel the stares of the people around but I got used to it by now. I knew I would be looked upon both as a royal and a woman. I have learned a lot in last month about this Kingdom.

I sat on the throne and the ceremony began. The priest came and prayed to god and then he told everyone that crown can be placed on my head. The Oracle of the Kingdom came and placed  the crown on my head. I could feel a rush of energy and when I gazed around all were gasping as the crown was glittering when it was set on my head. All who had been present to witness were surprised and happy that I indeed was the King's heir and owner of the throne and crown. I was officially made the queen of the Varavon Kingdom.

The crown on my head made me aware that I have formed a bond with all the people of Varavon Kingdom and from this day and moment I am their ruler and protector. I pledged I would do so with my life.