Ch 36. Glimpses of Past life

"I am in front of you yet you seek another man". He stared at me intense gaze with his jaws clenched. "I am going for now love. I will come again when you have composed yourself. But soon I will make sure it is me you seek not anyone else".  

Alex POV

I ran over to her chamber when heard the soldier that Princess was shouting for me. When I reached her chamber I found her on the ground. I picked her up and laid her on the bed. I called for the physician who didn't waste much of a time and was at princess service soon. She checked and found that princess went in shock state and will be conscious soon.

I thought of moving out when I recalled she was here and there were soldiers and still she felt fear means it is something else. I called 4 of the maids to her chamber to stay the night. I felt presence of darkness in her chamber when I came here first which is generally not the case. I looked at moon and found that there was a black cloud towards the southern window of Princess chamber. I closed the window and felt there was a change. I could feel her positive vibes and her saw breath was softer and rhythmic.

The maids kept on fanning her face, changing the wet cloth and pouring water on her lips so they won't get dry but It worried me that when we have a protection spell around our Kingdom then why I felt the presence of the dark energy.

Astra POV

I felt darkness taking over my vision. I felt I was taken in another time, another city. I saw a man sitting in white clothes on the throne and all the other men sat lower than him and he glared at me.

"Don't be stubborn and listen to me. Either you leave him or I will make sure he leaves you" He said to me.

I felt as if I was speaking to him but words were not mine. 

"No father I will not leave him and I have given him protection of my life and if anyone harms him It will harm me too" I replied.

"You joined your essence to him Sapphire... You mingled yourself with a Mortal. I expected better from you" He said.

I was wondering I am not Sapphire yet he called me that.

"Sapphire... leave him it is my warning. You don't want me to punish his loved ones now. You have protected him but you cannot protect everyone" He said.

When I said "No Father, I cannot. I am his for all of my existence and if I stay away from him then I won't exist.

When the man heard those words he glared at me with so much anger that his body shook and he looked at a person behind me and said "Sebastian take her and put her in dungeon and make sure that mortal is captured and all the people he cares about are dead".

I felt the woman that is me was stunned at this but then she yelled at the man and said "Father you cannot do that...".  While she cried for the man's attention she was dragged to the dungeon. I didn't know why but everything felt like it was happening to me.

I could feel the helplessness of the situation and then I felt as if I have lost the battle with my father. I don't know why I was calling the strange man my father but then I looked at the person who he called Sebastian and for whatever reason I felt I was looking at him for help and begged him  "Sebastian you are not going to do that. Please let me go".

The man didn't look at me and I could only feel his hands dragging me further into the dark dungeon. When I turned to face him fully I could not see his face in the darkness but somehow I felt I knew him to be en my protector since I was conscious of my existence.   

"I am sorry Princess, I cannot disobey the direct orders of the King" He replied.  His words hurt me because he would always support me even if it was going against anyone he never denied my request.

But when I realise I would not get any help from him I knew I have to do something drastic and so I said "Sebastian you promised me a favour when I saved you. I am calling upon you for that favour".

When he didn't reply for a long time I thought he won't give in but then he nodded unexpectedly and freed me. I felt hope surging in me and was about to move when he said "Princess, remember you want to save him, go ahead but I will make every attempt on him to kill him so don't be so happy".

I was taken aback by his words "Why Sebastian what wrong has he done to you?" I asked him.

"He has taken from me what is mine and I won't take it easy" He replied.

"What is that he has taken from you that you want his blood Seb" I asked when I didn't see any reason for his hatred.

"You..." I was shocked but then he continued "He has taken you away from me. Princess I have always loved you with my whole heart. Why do you think your father allowed a Vampire to protect you. Because when I saved your life, it was not just saving it was me binding myself to you. You were loosing your life I gave you my blood to keep you alive. I had claimed you that day as mine".

When he was done my feet buckled under my weight and I looked at him not believing a word he said but his stern expression told me every word he uttered was true "No this is not true... I.. I can't be your beloved. You knew I was a child. You could have not given me your blood" I whispered.

"And do what? let you die Princess" He said clenching his jaw. I looked at him and for the first time I felt afraid him.

I got up and was about to run away when he caught my wrist and pulled me to him.

"Princess you were mine before you even took birth and you will remain as mine now" He said smiling the sinister smile.

He released me and for a moment I didn't realise but when I looked at his face and it felt familiar and then I recalled the face was same as the demon King.

I woke up with a jolt to find myself surrounded by maids and I heard footsteps moving towards me. I found that was Alex, I got up from my bed and hugged him. I felt my tears falling out of my eyes and him trying to comfort me.