Ch 11. Queen Aria

"Warrior the princess is not a full fledge fairy and hence cannot be in fairyland so me and my fairies have taken over this place in this forest to keep her hidden from King Emmanuel by keeping protection spells over it." She smiled at the memories

"King Emmanuel wants to take away my princess long before she was born to me. He had waited for her arrival in this world for very long time. He is looking for her powers so he can rule over not only mortals, dead but also fairies. " Her expression withered from smile to anger.

"But your majesty, no one in the world is aware of princess's existence then how could he or anyone search where princess is?" I asked.

She composed her anger and smiled sadly and said 

"Dear it's where you are wrong. King Emmanuel, me and my King has a history. Long before princess was to be born he took me away for a night and bonded with my unborn child.  Let me tell you my past son. I was cursed by a witch to be born as a mortal woman when I stopped her from sacrificing a child for her black magic. We fairies do not generally interfere with witches. But that day after seeing an innocent child was sacrificed for her test spell, I could not stop myself and I ruined her spell by using my fairy power. She cursed me that I will be born as a mortal woman and give birth to a half fairy. My first child will be the one which have my fairy power but yet she will be mortal.  So as the balance of nature, I was born as a mortal princess. When I was eighteen my king married me, I didn't knew at that time that he also came to mortal land so he can protect me.  He married me and it was after 5 years I was blessed by gods. I was happy that I will be a mother soon. At that time, one night I noticed a shadow in the balcony. I went to the balcony to see who it was. There I came to face to face with the Kings of dead. I was surprised and was about to call the guards. When he stopped me with the raise of his eyebrows, He replied then my unasked question " My dear Aria, I just came to visit my princess, I just wanted to see she's fine. "

Hearing this I backed away from him, he moved forward till I felt the wall behind my back. He bent down and touched my stomach and started changing some mantras. 

As I stood there I was rooted to the stop not by fear, but by his dark magic. He kept casting spells. Then I heard that my door was about to be open. But he held me by my waist and all could see the darkness engulfing me. Then I found myself in the dark forest with all his witches surrounding the place. 

I was made to sit in between their circle, while they completed the bonding spell. Since then he could feel every moment of my princess.  After the spell he left me back to my palace and after that I never saw him. But I was worried sick about my unborn child and that made me weak.

When I went to the labor that day I left my mortal body. I got transformed into a fairy.  I told my king everything once I restored to my powers for being born as mortal he forgot his fairy existence. I asked his permission to keep my princess protected for 18 years.  He agreed to that. 

Now that 18 years have passed, now princess's curse starts she has to choose her soul mate which will balance her powers. Until she has powers controlled she will not be able to protect herself or anyone she cares. 

I want you to make sure you keep my princess protected and keep her away from her enemies. It's been a long time I kept her hidden from the world but tonight my protection spell will lose their power and I am forced to send her away to mortal land event though I don't want to."

" Queen Aria, I will ensure she is safe with every ounce of blood in my body and will lay my life for her majesty "I replied.

"Yes I know you will" she replied smilingly. " Warrior tonight is her last night with me. Please make haste to take her away from all the supernatural realms to the mortal land. She will be safe once she chooses to give someone her heart, mind body and soul. Please make sure she makes a right choice and do ensure that King Emmanuel is not to make his presence felt to her"

I nodded and bowed to the queen. The queen called a maid and told her "Gwendolyn, please show warrior his room and let him be comfortable." Gwendolyn nodded and signalled me to follow her."

It was midnight and I was sleeping in my room. I was told by queen Aria that I can rest till tonight after which I would need to take care of the princess. I could feel the activity outside my room.

I walked out of my room and immediately got ready and went from where I was hearing these enchantments. I walked to the left of my room heard enchantment in too strong voices to ignore.

 I followed the path and soon saw a bright light coming from the corner. I saw there was a dome shining and some women surrounding the dome with candles. It was a mesmerising site.