Ch 15. Princess Astra's Beauty

Alex POV

I relaxed when I saw the dawn arriving and sun rising. I would have the day to take the princess home to her people. I went to the lake to refresh myself for the journey.

Princess Astra POV

"Alex you there" I woke up and found myself on the grass bed I was slept night before. Alex was missing, I called for him but no answer, soon I moved near lake to drink water and to freshen myself. There I saw him bathing under the waterfalls. Hard muscles of his back and his arms, water flowing from his shoulders to his back, I choked on my breath. I looked away instantly. I turned my back and called for him.

 " Alex I want to take bath" I called loudly. I could feel him walking towards me. He signalled me to follow him. Soon I was near the waterfall. It was beautiful in close up.

" Princess this water is safe and you can take your bath. " he replied. I was about to strip my clothes when I realised that Alex is still standing there.

" How will I take bath with you watching me over?" I asked embarrassed.                                        

" But princess, I need to watch you over to protect you." He said matter of fact. Then he realised what I meant.

 "Princess my apologies I will turn my back and let me know once you are inside the water I cannot let you be unguarded for more time. 

" But I have to remove my clothes and then only I can take bath." I was clearly deep shade of red. 

"Princess you can do that while I turn my back and keep talking to me till you are inside the water ".

 " Ok I am fine with that". I replied

 I removed my clothes and then entered the lake while talking to Alex. I used my lengthy veil so I could cover my body from unwanted gaze while I bathe. I went in the water and only to find Alex turning in the nick of time to watch me over. 

I took a deep dip in water and came out. I  washed myself as good as I can. I knew since I was half human half fairy I would be clean and nothing can taint me. I just wanted to enjoy this natural things.

 I looked at Alex and he had turned his back again. "Alex are you not gonna watch over me to protect me."

 " Princess it would be good for me to not turn and you can keep talking to me so that I know you are safe. "

I was surprised he changed his mind so soon.

Alex POV

 I saw her take a dip in water and when she came out I was mesmerised by her beauty. I was tempted to take a dive in water and touch her. She looked so beautiful in the sunshine that I thought it would be better if I turn and not see her anymore to avoid the sinful thoughts I have for her, my dead King's precious possession and heir of our Kingdom. I was ashamed of myself this never happened with me earlier.

I have seen women throwing themselves on me but never had I given a damn about them. But her beauty her innocence her purity attracted me to her in such way I could not stay unaffected. So I turned my back instantly feeling guilty. I was a guard, a warrior whose duty is to protect the Ruler and not have the lustful thoughts about for them. 

"Alex are you not gonna watch over me to protect me" I heard her say.

" Princess it would be good for me to not turn and you can keep talking to me so that I know you are safe."

She was so innocent, fiery and curious. I didn't know how to control my urges around her. I never felt I could love any woman. But here she is, for whom I feel attraction on both physical and mental level and that too in such a short span of time. I had a feeling I was falling for her. How could it be. I swored off women before I even hit puberty. I cannot have feelings like this for her or any woman. I had promised my father and moreover she was a Princess a Royalty.

I remembered the story my father tell me of King Daniel.

King Daniel was awaiting the birth of his son outside the room of his dear wife whom he has loved dearly. He was tense, as he recalled the prediction that his son was going to be a mighty king but he will not have the love of his mother. He would have forbidden his wife from going ahead with the pregnancy, has he known the prophecy beforehand but he knew well that his wife would have adamantly rejected his plea. And he loving her deeply would not have been able to pursue her to reject this madness.

He knew his people are waiting for their prince— a heir to the kingdom. He had been long denied the happiness of a child, a child who would be his son and an heir to his crown. He was so lost in his thoughts that he did not notice the approach of the maid who has come and has offered her regards to him.

"You my king are blessed with a beautiful son. Hail the glory to the heavens, for king your wife and our queen lives". Hearing the words from her mouth, king was surprised and relieved and wondered how that could be. Priest's prediction has never been incorrect. He was told by him that he will be blessed with the son but he may not enjoy the love of his mother. As only half of what was said has come to pass. King was relieved that his wife and queen were well and alive. He made arrangements for the celebration.

The child was growing up and loved his mother but his mother for no reason did not seem to love the boy with the same fervour. King had noticed it quite often that the queen was aloof from the child. One night he became too curious as to why the queen who has showered his love to all except his own child. He asked the same to the queen to which the queen replied that the king that he has broken the promise of never questioning her about anything she did when he bid her to marry him. And since he has broken the promise so she is free to leave the palace and move to her home.

To king's surprise, one moment she stood before him and another she vanished into the darkness of night as if she was not even there. King ventured from one room to another but could not find the sign of her. He realised that his wife, the queen was an immortal, who has come to be his wife due to an ill fate. But since she was free from her obligations now she was free to move, she has left her son and him so she can live in her kingdom. Soon King was overwhelmed with the pain due to the loss of his dear wife and remorse that he lost his appetite and fall sick and was on his death bed.

His son who was still a child of seven years came to him and asked him as to what ails him. The king replied that he suffer from the love of a woman his wife and queen. He told his son that woman don't care whether a man loves them dearly or not. They do what they feel is good and leave you with lots of pain.

He told his son his story about how he met his queen, his wife. He made his son vow that he will not fall for any woman saying these words the king died.

I always used to ask my father how he knows this story and why he tells me this story. He always would try to avoid the subject. One day he told me that he will tell me everything but I got called upon by My King and I had to make the hasty exit as a war had broken.