Ch 35. Face to Face

Dark King made his way towards us but when she turned and glared at him he stopped in his stance and then she uttered "No one shall touch us until we are safe. I forbid any power touching me and Alex".

I turned to the princess and she smile at me before she was lost consciousness, probably the ordeal with Victor and Demon King has taken a toll on her powers and her human body was trying to cope up with it by shutting down. I held her in my arms and pulled out my sword in case anyone tries to interfere but I then saw there was a shield around us and no one could reach us. I took the princess out of the palace and found there was a horse waiting for us. I put her on the horse and back and jumped after her and made our way to our Kingdom.

KING EMMANUEL'S POV

When she came to know Victor has forced her to agree and was going back on his word I could not hold anymore. She had a pained expression on her face which I could not bear to see. I made my presence known and soon the commotion started. I looked at shocked expression on my beloved's face when she saw me I smiled at her and turned to Victor to challenge him and soon we were fighting.

I charged at him and he aimed for me but I am known to be unfair so yes I disappeared and materialised to the other side. Vile creature didn't see me disappearing and pierced the poor sacrificial human. I was about to attack him from behind when he was taken far away from my reach to the ceiling breaking it in the process I wanted to know the source of this power when I saw Astra glowing in white light and her golden hair turning silver and her blue crystal soft eyes turning to white cold ones. I was stunned to see the image before me.  She looked divine power on the way to do justice, on the way to punish the wrong doer. I was motionless at my place. I remember her cursing him and I jolted out of the trance I was in when she had plunged the sword right through Victor turning him into a stone with only his eyes as the moving part. 

I was transfixed at my position watching her move to the Human and freeing him from the bonds. Then she ordered Vampires to go to their King Christopher, the tone she had at that time was so commanding even I would not have dared to challenge her. When I tried to make a move towards her I saw her glaring at me and that look was enough to break my heart. I felt multiple knives stabbed through my heart to feel that she felt threatened by looking at me and all she saw after fending off the Vampires me as her next enemy.  She didn't seek my comfort and she definitely didn't trust me to keep her safe for she had wielded a shield around her to keep me away from her. 

And when I saw her fainting in the arms of another man with a peaceful expression, an expression which I should be the one making her feel made me feel lifeless. I wanted to kill him with very being of my existence but I did learn from Victor's situation that this human was someone special to her and this will aggravate her more and seeing her in distress was the least I wanted and I had never cared about any woman but she was the one I respected. Although I would have fought her for my pride but then I don't want to hurt my Angel. So I held my temper in check and watched her moving away from me and when I could see no more I vanished in air and materialised in my castle. Though I came back to my castle but picture of her in another man's arms didn't leave me.

I cursed that I won't be able to touch her if she doesn't want me to. So I have to gain her trust. I had waited for my angel for so long then definitely I can wait for her to fall for my charms. I will make her mine.... and this thought alone brought smile on my lips and wiped off the distress of seeing her content with another man.

Alex POV

We arrived at the palace and I was thinking on the events which happened 3 days ago. Yes she had turned the cruel Vampire to stone. I could not understand what triggered the action from her. She generally is so caring and after seeing her turn so cold hearted I could not believe that it was the same innocent princess I fell in love with.  She felt so different at that time like she was possessed. But now seeing her I think she's  back to her normal self my innocent, pure and mischievous princess.