Ch 39. The 9 Artefacts of the Past

"No I can not but I can guide you. Find the evil soul and get rid of it else she will be gone before you realise it" Clara replied.

She gave answer but it was not straight and I felt as if she was giving me chance to be with my love. But then the notion of kindness flew out of window when I remembered my encounter with her.

Alex POV

I was upset since the time I got to know that Demon king was one step ahead of us. He had used darkness inside someone to make his presence felt even though he was not supposed to penetrate the protection globe.

I went and called a meeting urgently and when all came. I got up and was about to brief everyone when Chief Minister Dilamond, cut me off "Alex you do know that I am the chief Minister of this Kingdom not you. So how come you without my approval called a meeting?"

"Sir, I do know that you are the authorized person but the situation.." I said when he again interrupted me.

"Situation... what kind of situation? Does that authorized you to have a meeting without my approval? Also I do not see Princess in the court? Tell me what gave you this right huh? Without any authorized person approval you called in all of the officials at the wee hours?" He barked.

"Well... it is an urgent and utmost important since we are planning for Princess's wedding" I said.

"What?? Princess's wedding ? with who? when? how?" He was shocked momentarily and then composed while looking at me for answers.

"Well we are going to sent out invitations to all the neighboring Kingdoms and hold a competition where the princes and Kings will fight for the princess's hand in marriage and the strongest one will be the winner".

"You think you can decide Princess's future without her consent. Are you out of your mind?" He said.

"Sir I will do anything to keep the Princess and our Kingdom safe, because if we do not arrange the wedding soon we will lose our princess to darkness. Darkness has made its presence known and if it engulfs our Princess in it we will all be doomed. Only she has the power to keep the light of truth, virtues and justice glowing" I replied.

"what do you mean by Darkness has made its presence known?" Dilamond asked.

"Princess had a visit from Demon king this night. We consulted the oracle and got to know that darkness persists inside which granted Demon king access to our safe haven" I said.

"And since when you started believing these wannabes Alex. Due to these people our princess was separated from her father for so long that she didn't even saw him for the last time and now you want to believe that oracle and want to get Princess married without her consent?" Dilamond said.

I don't know why he wanted to make a big thing out of this affair as he wanted to delay Princess's wedding. It seemed to me he was hiding something. 

"What's wrong in getting her married Chief Minister? If our Princess gets married with any of the neighboring strong king that would boost our Kingdom's strength and Dark King would need to recede which would allow our kind to flourish. Why are so against it?" I asked him.

"You think I don't want that but we must take Princess's consent" He said trying to hide his real intention.

Princess Astra

I woke up the next day and was surprised by the activity being carried around when I looked out of my window. It seemed as if maids and servants were in a hurry. I ignored and got on with my morning routine and made way to the yards to have my practice. If you ask me I wanted to see Alex to be precise, the way he made me feel protected was something I never felt before. I know I was in a place where I was away from males and though I was sleeping I could still feel the energy around me and knew they were just like me.