Ch 29. Ultimatum

Alex POV

The moment I realize that no longer will I be able to find the princess. I felt so lost that again I failed princess, I failed as her protector, I failed my King, I failed our Queen, I failed my Kingdom and that thought broke my heart. Last time at least I couldn't do much as it happened behind my back but this time she was taken right in front of my eyes and I could do nothing about it.

I felt the anger boiling inside me I felt the rage consuming me inside and out. Another thing that worried me was if night falls will my fellow men be safe from those  dark creatures who were ready to feed on our blood and flesh.The princess was hope for our people to save them from those cruel dark ones, I could feel the happiness when she came to our Kingdom, people felt the hope that now they will be safe and nothing bad could happen. Days back when she was trying to tame her powers and put them into constructive energy and everyone hoped that our protection spell will last forever and may be increase its boundary to save the humans in the surrounding kingdoms from the torturous life they are living each day. Because of me all is lost. I have lost the only hope we had, I felt like killing myself I felt hatred towards me. I was deep in self torturous thoughts when my friend Dexter came in.

"Alex what are you doing?" He asked.

"Nothing... just thinking..." I replied.

"Ok berating yourself like usual for not being able to save the princess" He asked.

"You know it's my fault.With princess gone, we were all nearing the end of our rope. You know I failed" I ended the last words bitterly.

"Do you think you failed already" He asked.

"I do think I failed" I replied bitterly.

"Then my friend you are a failure" He said shrugging his shoulders. 

"Dexter are you here to mock me or you are here to give me a solution" I asked him.

"Why are you asking for a solution Dear when you have admitted you have failed already" He asked me.

"What???" I asked

"Yes Alex, what can you do when you have confessed you are a failure then why bother asking for a solution when you are not going to do anything about it" He replied.

"Dex.. I may have failed my King and Queen but I will not fail to get my princess back" I told him.

"Then if you have that in your mind my dear then what are you doing here pacing back and forth. Let's start our journey in pursuit of our lost princess aahann... your princess.  He smirked at this. When I glared at him he continued "We have to get to our princess before someones harms her. We have to get back our princess our hope so that we can happiness around for a longer time".

I smiled at my friend. He could make me see positive in any situation. 

"But where do we start" I asked him.

"Let's start by recalling the direction the black creatures took" He replied.

"Dex... you are the best" I said smiling.

"You know when am I not" He replied winking.

I prepared myself with all the weapons I would need to fight off those dark ones. I ordered my second- in- command Marcus to take care of the borders and keep our fellow men safe till we bring princess Astra back. I told him to keep princess Kidnapping a secret. I was not ready to let the people know that princess has been kidnapped. I didn't had the strength in me to tell them that princess was taken and it will take me some time to get her back and I didn't know whether I will be able to keep them safe while I was away.