CHAPTER 1

"Stiles, get up." A muffled voice sounded. "Five more minutes, Ms. Aniston." I muttered. "Stiles." The voice stated. "STILES! GET UP!" My dad yelled. I snapped my eyes open with a scream falling off the bed onto the floor. I looked around before seeing my dad standing next to my bed dressed in his police uniform with his arms crossed. "Oh...hey, Dad. What's up?" I asked. "Get up, you're late for school." He told me. I snapped my attention to the alarm clock before reaching for it widening my eyes. I scrambled to my feet starting to get ready before tripping over my pants and crashing to the floor. "You okay?" Dad called out from downstairs. "Yeah." I strained through the pain. I got to my feet before finishing getting ready.

I ran down the stairs before sliding across the wooden floor to see my dad leaning against the counter with a coffee in his hand. He looked at his watch. "Impressive. It took you a whole 5 minutes to get ready. Subtract the 35 minutes it took me to try to wake you up and you're golden." Dad joked. "Aha. Ha....Hilarious." I said grabbing a quick breakfast before heading out the door. "Don't speed!" He called out. "Yeah, yeah." I said heading to my Jeep and climbing in. I threw my bag in the back before pulling out the driveway and going to school. 

I arrived at school pulling into a parking spot and hopped out the vehicle before looking around with a smile. I let out a sigh. "I hate this place." I announced losing the smile before walking towards the school entrance. "Hey, Stiles." A girl called out. I looked over to see Caroline waving at me. She was standing next to Bonnie Bennett and Elena Gilbert. The big three of the school's popularity class. Because what's school without a little hierarchy? I waved back before tripping over my feet and hitting the ground. I hopped back up brushing myself off scratching the back of my head before heading inside. "Hey, Stiles. Nice catch at the game last night." Tyler Lockwood said chuckling. I laughed remembering it vividly.

"I got it. I got it. I got it!" I shouted looking at the ball in the air. The ball landed in my hands before I was knocked to the ground by two very large seniors from the opposing team.

"Thanks. I know. It was great." I called out sarcastically. "I loved when I was crushed to death by two semi trucks." I added silently to myself opening my locker and shoving my books inside before slamming it shut. I jumped before seeing Matt Donovan. "Dude, you seriously gotta stop doing that! Okay, it's weird." I told him before heading to class. "Wouldn't have to if you didn't get scared all the time." Matt poked walking alongside me. "I do not get scared. I get startled...there's a difference." I told him entering the class. "No...I don't think there is." He argued. "Well, that's where you went wrong. You thought about it. And both of us know that you thinking is always a bad idea." I told him as he chuckled. He threw a pen at me. "Shut up, you asshole." He said laughing as the rest of the class entered followed by the teacher. "My name is Alaric Saltzman. I know it's a mouthful. But you can call me Ric." The teacher said writing his name on the board. "I'll be your new history teacher." He added. Great, because look what happened to our last one. Oh, wait we can't...because he's dead. I looked over at Elena before a blonde girl walked into the class. I watched her take a seat beside me before she looked at me with smirk and looked away. I raised my brows before shaking my head turning away to face the new teacher.