CHAPTER 8

THE FOLLOWING DAY

I stood in the school hallway next to my locker. I spent the rest of last night trying to figure out what I can do but so far all I did was make the power go out in the neighborhood. I spotted the others enter the school before they noticed me. "Stiles!" Allison called out. I rolled my eyes slamming my locker shut before walking away and heading to class. I felt a hand on my shoulder before I was pinned to the locker by Stefan and Damon. "We need to talk." Damon said. "I suggest you remove your hands from me." I spat before pressing my hands to their chests and pushing them across the hall with ease. I fixed my jacket. "Touch me again...and we'll have a problem. And trust me...you don't want that." I threatened before walking away out of the school. "Where are you going?" Dr. Saltzman asked. "Out." I answered before leaving.

I sat at the Mystic Grill before seeing a drink set down beside me. "Care for a drink?" A girl asked. I looked over to see the pretty girl from the cemetery. "Katherine?" I asked not sure. She smirked. "You are smart." She said sitting across from me with a smile crossing her legs. "Are Elena's twin? Because apparently I don't know what the hell is happening in this town anymore. My sister's a vampire. My dad's..." I started. "Don't tell them about me or what you are." Castiel voiced in my mind. "You dad is what?" She asked raising a brow. "Losing his mind over all these killings." I finished. "To answer your question. No. I'm not her twin. I'm her doppelganger. Actually, she's my doppelganger. I came first." She explained. "You came first?" I inquired. "Right. You don't know. I'm a vampire like your sister, Stefan, Damon, and Caroline." She explained. My eyes widened. "They're all...vampires?" I asked. "Yep and Bonnie's a witch and Elena's...a bitchy human." She said crossing her arms. "Oh, and Tyler Lockwood is a Hybrid now." She added. "A Hybrid?" I asked. "He was a werewolf but got turned by an Original Vampire named Klaus, who is also a hybrid. Hybrids are part-werewolf and part-vampire." She explained. "What's an Original Vampire?" I asked confused. "The first of the vampire species. Hundreds of years old." She answered. My eyes widened as I tried to process all this information. "But what I want to know...is what you are." She whispered leaning across the table. I gulped nervously widening my eyes. "Why do you want to know about me? There's absolutely nothing special about me." I rambled leaning back. She stood up walking over to me.

"You do realize I can hear your heartbeat? Meaning I know when you're lying." She whispered into my ear. I chuckled nervously. "Wha--what? I'm...I'm not...lying." I stated before rising to my feet stepping away from the beautiful vampire. "Look, uh...I can't really tell anyone about what I am because apparently I'm a danger to basically the entire world." I announced. "So...you're dangerous is what you're saying?" She asked. "Yeah! Yes! Exactly. I'm dangerous. I'm bad news bears." I told her pointing at her. She smirked. "I love that in a guy." She added seconds later. "Uh oh." I sounded as she sauntered towards me. "I think I might have forgotten to mention that because you're angelic...you're...attractive..." Castiel voiced. You telling me I wasn't attractive before? "Not to a girl like this." He answered. Gee....thanks. My eyes stared into her dark brown ones as she placed a hand on my shoulder getting awfully close to me. My heart was racing. I should probably run, shouldn't I? "If not from her then from the two men coming towards you." Castiel answered. Two men? I looked passed her to see two men walking towards me. One pulled out a long silver knife and the other silver revolver. "Uh...I gotta go." I told Katherine running out of the restaurant before hearing gunshots erupt behind me. Bullets whizzed by my head, before I was suddenly yanked into a dark alley. I found Katherine pressed up against me with her hand over my mouth before the two men ran passed the alley. She looked at me before pulling her hand away. "What the HELL are you?!" She asked quietly.