Part 1: The News

Just like any other day, you get home from your average day of sophomore year, put your lunchbox on the kitchen counter and head up to your room telling your mom that you're going to "do homework."

You get upstairs and get your laptop out of your backpack and plug it in to charge while you watch the latest installation of Criminal Minds on Netflix. You get a snack out of your drawer while the intro plays and lay down on your stomach to watch the show.

You get 20 minutes into the show when you hear a knock on your door. You quickly pause the show and open a new tab.

You: "Yeah??" You call out to the person who knocked.

Your mom opens the door and gives you a somber look.

Sharon Carter: "I just got word that I have to go on a mission in Europe."

You think for a moment and sit up in your bed.

You: "Oh... When are you leaving?"

She looks at you as if she's lost all hope.

Sharon: First thing in the morning. I'm sorry.

A sense of realization comes over you while you know it'll be a long mission.

You: "Bu- When will you be back??"

You start to get worried about what will happen to you.

Sharon: "I don't know, maybe a week, maybe a month. You'll have to stay with your dad."

You: "But I've never even met him!!"

Sharon: "I wouldn't do this if I didn't know 100% that you'd be okay."

You: "Can I just stay with Kels??"

You get really upset and your eyes start to water.

Sharon: "I'm sorry sweetheart this mission is too dangerous to risk any security at all... Even yours, this is the best and only option. He's the only person I trust to take care of you."