Part 7: Meeting Tony

Your dad brings in a few boxes and carries them over to your closet for you.

Steve: "I think these are all of the clothes boxes, I'll bring the rest up after you've gotten ready."

You: "Thanks, ..."

You aren't really sure if you should call him "Dad" or not. After preparing to say "Dad" all you can do is release your mouth into an awkward smile.

'Alright Y/n, time to get your ass out of bed and have a great first day of living here.'

You laugh at your attempt to motivate yourself and kick the sheets off. You get up to go to the bathroom and notice how huge the shower is.

After using the bathroom, you go over to the closet and rip a box open. The shirt on top is your favorite so you immediately pull it out and lay it on your bed to wear it. After quickly searching through all the boxes you found a pair of black jeans to go perfectly with it and finish it off with a jean jacket.

You get ready to go downstairs but you don't know where anything is or even where you are in relation to anything.

You: "Uh.. FRIDAY?"

FRIDAY: "Yes Miss Carter?"

You: "Uhm, where's my dad?"

FRIDAY: "Steve Rogers' room is directly across the hall from your location."

You open your tall bedroom door to see you are at the end of a small hallway that appears to only have 2 rooms.

You walk towards the other end of the hall where you are standing at a balcony seeing the main floor of the compound below. Looking down you see a large living room with a projector for a tv and a huge sofa that can seat at least 10 people comfortably. You notice the kitchen to the left to the living room with shiny red, modern cabinets and a white marble counter top matching the floor. You get lost in a trance just looking at the floor below and are scared at the sound of your dad's footsteps coming up behind you.

He smiles.

Steve: "Sorry, didn't mean to startle you."

You still don't look him in the eye.

You: "It's fine, I'm ready."

He leads the way down beautiful floating curved stairs into the main area.

Tony: "This must be Y/n?"

Steve: "Yeah, we were about to go get breakfast, you want anything?"

You stand in silence while Tony talks with your dad.

Tony: "Actually do you mind if I come with? I need to get away from them."

Tony makes eye contact with you and gestures to the large sofa you were looking down on just earlier where Thor and Loki are sitting arguing over something petty.

Steve looks at you for reassurance before he answers.

You: "Yeah that's fine."

You speak shyly accidentally sounding small.

Steve: "Where do you wanna go Y/n?"

You: "Somewhere local, something you wouldn't find in DC."

Tony: "Oh I have the perfect place, I'll drive."

Tony leads you both down another set of stairs into the garage where you see more boxes of your stuff under the stairs.

'Shit I should get those when we get back.'

Tony gets in the driver's seat of a black BMW X5 and Steve gets in the passenger, you sit behind Tony.

Tony: "So you have any hobbies Y/n?"

You: "Uh, I really like designing and building things."

Tony: "You want to be an engineer?"

You: "That'd be amazing"

Tony: "I'm working on designing my own plane, does that interest you at all?"

You: "Oh wow that's so cool yes! I love planes!!"

Tony: "You know how to fly one?"

You: "I don't think I'm old enough to operate one."

Tony: "That's just a suggestion."

Steve: "Tony laws aren't suggestions."

You can't help but laugh.

You: "I can fly a glider."

Tony: "We'll work on that too."

He smirks at you in the rear-view mirror and you smile back.

You want to ask Steve where you'll be going to school but you aren't sure how to address him.

'C'mon Y/n f^ck it, just say dad'

You: "Hey dad, where do I go to school?"

You notice Steve faintly smile.

Steve: "You'll go to Eleanor Roosevelt High School, I'll drive you in the mornings."

Tony: "'dad'??"

The car goes over a bump pulling into the parking lot of the cafe a few miles away from the compound.

Tony: "We're here!!"