Part 6: Welcome to New York

Steve pulls the truck into the main garage of the compound. He unpacks the truck as quietly as he can, careful not to wake you.

He puts all of the boxes under the floating stairs that lead up to the main room of the compound for the night so that your room won't be all messy when you wake up. 

He comes back over to the truck and carefully opens your door and gently picks you up to carry you up to your room. 

He turns on the light when he gets upstairs to see that everyone has already gone to bed. He glances over into the kitchen to see the time on the microwave reading 2:13am. 

He uses the elevator to take you up to your bedroom where he sees Natasha passed out on your couch. Carefully not to wake either of you, he gently places you in your king sized bed and sneaks out like he was never there. 

When morning comes your phone that's in the pocket of the hoodie you're wearing starts vibrating noting that it's time to wake up.

FRIDAY senses your movement.

FRIDAY: Good Morning, Y/n Carter-Rogers, the weather appears to be completely sunny today with a high or 75 and a low of 62 degrees. Is there a nickname that you prefer to go by?

You: uhh, y/n/n

You glance over to see a tall redhead standing up from the couch.

Natasha: "Sorry, you must be y/n. I was helping Tony decorate and I guess I fell asleep."

You're still kind of taken aback with the very large room. You see a living room setup to your left where Natasha is standing, but beyond that are tall double doors that look like they lead to a massive bathroom or closet.

You: "It's all good."

FRIDAY: "I have found a morning playlist on a cellular device listed at Y/n's iPhone, would you like me to start it?"

You: "Wha-? No."

You sit up putting your head against a quilted headboard and really see how large the room is.

FRIDAY: "Steve Rogers is approaching."

That's a nice warning.

You hear a knock on the door as Natasha is leaving.

He steps in and leans against the doorframe.

Steve: "Wanna come with me to get breakfast?"

You groan adjusting to the light.

You: "Where are you going?"

Steve: "Wherever you want... In this city."

You: "Yeah okay I'll come"