Part 17

You open your eyes, blinded by the bright lights overhead. You hear beeping of some sort.

You: "OHMYGOD THE BOMBS! THE BEEPING IS GETTING FASTER"

You try to sit up from the hospital bed you're in but you notice you're strapped in.

You: "Wha?"

A nurse rushes in and checks the straps holding you down to make sure they're tight. You start yelling nonsense through sobs out of panic.

You: "THE BOMBS! THEY'RE ABOUT TO GO OFF I HEAR THEM."

You start to flail uncontrollably and notice your left arm missing.

You're screaming manically and more nurses come in to hold you down.

Nurse 1: "Psych ward, get 'er there asap people move it!"

They struggle to strap you down to the bed, as you're still shaking.

You: "NO NO NO NO NO THE BOMBS SOMEBODY STOP THEM"

You continue screaming inaudibly and move whatever you can. None of the nurses dare to make eye contact with you. You start sobbing uncontrollably while being rolled down the hall. Your cry is so loud people's heads turn from down the hall.

All you can see is the ceiling tiles passing quickly overhead. When you get to the psych ward, they put a mask over your face to calm you down. A few minutes later, Tony and Steve come running in.

Steve: "Y/n!"

You snap out of your trance and notice your limbs are free. You yank off the plastic mask that's over your face and gasp for un-scented air.

You: "That's fucking disgusting."

Tony: "Sorry, we tried to get them to let us bring you to the medical part of the compound."

A doctor walks in and picks up your chart.

Dr. Blake: "Hi, I'm Doctor Caroline Blake, you've had some serious trauma in the last 48 hours, it's reccomended that you see a therapist that specializes in-"

Tony interrupts.

Tony: "Yeah got it."

Steve is still standing by the door the room looking panicked while Tony cuts the strap holding your body into the bed with a pair of scissors in his pocket.

You: "Do you always just carry around scissors?"

Tony: "Yeah, c'mon."

Dr. Blake: "SIR, we have not approved her to leave this facility!"

Tony: "She will be getting the rest of her medical needs at the Avengers Compound,"

He brushes the doctor off and sarcastically says thank you.

You take your first looks down at your outfit to see yourself in a loose sports bra and sweatpants.
You: "Wha-"

Tony: "Don't worry, it was Romanoff who changed your clothes

Tony: "Don't worry, it was Romanoff who changed your clothes."

Natasha walks in to drive you all back to the compound.

Natasha: "Changed your underwear too."
She smirks at you.

Tony: "We get it, you practically had sex."

Steve: "That's enough"

Tony yanks off the the things measuring your vitals and has his hands on your shoulders walking you out. You stay silent, and Steve sure doesn't object.

You lay down in the backseat of the Cadilac Escalade with your head in Steve's lap.

You: "So?"

Steve looks back at you, you can see a sense of worry on his face.

Tony: "The bombs went off."

Steve slaps his thigh out of anger.

Steve: "And there wasn't a thing anyone could do to stop it."

Tony: "The bomb guys were just arriving."

Steve: "And bam."

Tony: "You were closest to the bomb. Your body went flying."

Steve quietly adds to Tony's story.

Steve: "I watched your arm get blown off."

Steve puts his elbow on the console and his head in that hand. You can see Tony in the mirror shaking his head.

You look down at your missing left arm and sigh.

You: "How bad was the city?"

Steve: "Whoever's plans they were, they didn't fail. The whole downtown New York City is just rocks and rubble."

You: "Who would have the tech to hide that big of bombs in small balls?"

Out of the corner of your eye, you notice your dad clench his right fist and before you know it, it goes through the glass of the window, making glass spray onto the side of the highway.

Steve: "FUCKING HYDRA"

He struggles to control his anger as he punches his arm through the car window.

He says it like he's just now realized it.

Tony: "Easy there, Soldier."

Steve looks over at him with a look of agony.

Steve: "YOU THINK THIS IS FUNNY? THOSE BOMBS WENT OFF AND THERE WASN'T A GODDAMN THING ANYONE COULD DO TO STOP IT."

Tony: "Listen here, buddy. I watched your daughter's arm get blown to hell. Nobody else saw, you're lucky she's not still on the sidewalk bleeding out."

You bury your face into Steve's lap in between his legs as they continue to argue.

Natasha: "GUYS"

Tony looks at her surprised.

Tony: "I'm sorry, weren't you the one just dying to get Y/n nak-"

Steve: "OKAAY THAT'S ENOUGH"