chapter 60

60

60

Clementine quickly ran to the stereo system to shut off the song, as her old dance teacher turned the door handle and gracefully stepped in.

Her name was Mlle. Bouranette and she was a French/Brazilian ballerina with a glorious career in her young days the was cut all too short due to an injury she sustained in her youth.

It stopped her from a professional career, but she was still able to teach so she opened her own school. A mentor of her mother's as well, even now she moved with signs of beauty and grace in her past and present.

Clementine always felt a certain amount of respect to her, as she was her mentor of a kind. She taught her from a young age, and always encouraged Clementine to take her craft more seriously, to purse it full time. Telling her she had 'potential' but a lack of discipline and focus to do anything about it.

Out of habit, Clementine quickly curtsied to the teacher and nodded her head.

Mlle. Bourantette waved her arm gracefully.

"Save the niceties, Clementine," she said with a smile. Then appraising her up and down, she said "I heard you were back in town," in a way that was hard to distinguish.

Mina, Clementine thought, has been able to tell everyone everything, or so it seems.

"I am," Clementine replied curtly, "I meant to come in and say hello. I didn't know you were still teaching," she said honestly.

"Of course I am, where else would I be?" Mlle. walked around this studio looking it up and down as it for the first time. "This is my home, my sanctuary." Then, turning towards Clementine, "and I see you've been making use f it too. What was that music you were dancing to?"

"Oh, it was just nothing really. Something new I was trying out," Clementine couldn't come up with any excuses, trying to make it seem smaller than it actually was.

"I like it," Mlle said suddenly turning around to face Clementine. "It brings something out in you."

"What do you mean?" Clementine smiled questionably.

"Oh Clementine, you have always been so by the book. Rigid, no. Formal, yes. This music though, helps you be more...I don't know....free," she said to her with a knowing look.

Clementine looked at the floor, feeling a bliss come up to her cheeks.

"It's what I always tried to bring out of you, but some things can't be taught," Mlle continued.

"You've always said that," Clementine murmured.

"Sometimes it s about having the patience with the student to learn what they need to themselves," the dance teacher said, as if referring to something greater. "You know, we could use an extra teacher. I have some young classes open, you should think about it. You'd be good."

"I will think about it," Clementine find't know how to respond to that option or see herself as that, but she wanted to keep this relationship.

"Well, I'll leave you to it," Mlle Bouranette began to walk back towards the door and before leaving, she said, "and Clementine? Don't be a stranger."

Then she was out of the door as gracefully and as swiftly as she came in.