chapter 79

79

79

The next day it was a Sunday, and they had the whole day to themselves. A rarity.

With her parents out of town, and Zico in town, she couldn't help but feel that this was some sort of a luxury, almost. She laughed at the thought. Being surrounded by luxury all her life, but never truly feeling fulfilled, this was what she now considered luxury.

She wished it would never end, though, of course it inevitable would. The sun would go down, and the seasons would change...but until then, she had today.

She asked to cook for him, and he happily accepted. That morning was lighter that the night before, the only disappointment was Zico's momentary lament that he overslept too much to watch the soccer game on the telly.

Clementine smiled to herself.

He also didn't realizes how good it felt for her to have control of the space, to be let into the kitchen and be allowed to create something for her own self and whoever she wanted to.

She was no great sous chef, but she did cook The one thing she knew how to make really well - and what she knew he liked because he almost ordered it that time they were having breakfast..with the roommate... - spinach omelet.

Regardless of everything else, it was a momentary paradise, that she, and they, knew they both more than paid the price for.

Sitting in the morning sun, it wasn't awkward any more. It was ab it like they stared at each other in disbelief. Disbelief of ever finding each other in the first place. Losing each other, and finding each other again.

"What day you wanna do?" Zico asked her, and Clementine shrugged her shoulders.

"Anything, we can do anything," she was happy to do anything as long as she was with him as far as she was concerned.

Above all, she was happy that they were both clear, or as clear as love allows one to be. Sober, high only on each other.

It was a sort of fantasy, and she knew it. Broken only by some things that he would say. Some strange things like, alluding to past relationships or things that one does not publicize..like the drugs. And it seemed to Clementine that he did so to normalize it, at least or himself. And of course, the smoke.

Clementine didn't mind smoking every once in a while, at party or something. But he, she could see, had a clear, 3rd-world country, liking for his cigarettes.

Finally, Zico being the restless man she knew him to be, took Clementine's face in his hands, looked her in the eyes and said "let's go for a walk."

They laughed as they rushed through the streets. Once again, Clementine felt protected under his wing. So she let him navigate, leading the way, and she gladly followed.

The sun felt good on her face, bringing a lightness to the day that hey so badly needed especially after yesterday.

It hit her for a moment that she was happy; finally, truly happy. And this was followed promptly by a fear, not wanting to lose this feeling.

Zico, seeing that she got quiet and pensive, nudged her shoulder lightly and nodded at her, "what's up?" He asked, disgusting a faint concern in his eyes as aloofness.

"Nada," Clementine was doing her best to feel light.

Zico arched his eyebrows, once again showing how good he was at seeing right through her.

"Well, I'm just, happy," Clementine said and Zico nodded, as if he was feeling the same way. This prompted her to go on, "and I'm a little bit afraid," she could feel her cheeks starting to flush, feeling embarrassed for being so open and vulnerable. But at this point, it didn't matter much. There wasn't much they haven't seen of each other.

Still, this kind of nakedness felt different, and sometimes harder than physical nakedness. This was deeper and more vulnerable. She knew she was giving him control and power, handing herself over like that. But she also felt she had a good reason to do so.

"I am saying this, because I trust you, you know," she told him as a matter of factually.

"You think that's important," he asked her, "trust?"

"Of course, without it, there's no way to fully...let go." Clementine was now afraid that he would never fully understand her. Not because of him, but because of the depths that she did not know how to fully convey to him, even if she trusted and liked him.

"Good. Because, I think it took you some time. To trust me," He said in a way that made her feel a little bit surprised.

"Really?" Clementine asked him, as they were walking, making it easier to discuss such tings in an open space and not necessarily having to look innate each other deep in the eye.

"Yeah, but, I knew you'd get around eventually." Zico smiled to himself mischievously and took her hand, leading her to a side road.

This took her off guard, and after 10 minutes of waking they got to a secluded beach.

Only then, did he finally drop her hand, and turned to look at her.

He started to take off her shirt and Clementine giggled, "what are you doing?" Looking around it seemed like he rented the beach out and they were on their own.

"If you trust me," he said in between pulling off his sneakers, "then you'll go in with me."

She realized that when he pointed that it was her turn, he was expecting her to skinny dip.

Something way beyond what she was taught (not) to do.

She realized this was some sort of test, to see if she finally trust hi, she supposed.

She took off her shirt, leaving her in the bra and the shorts.

"Your turn," she said, "take off something."

He raised his eyebrows and took off one song.

"You," he said calmly.

Clementine looked down, she wasn't wearing socks but sandals. Taking off one sandal.

He took off her sock.

She took off her shorts.

"Well, I only have these now," pointing to his boxers. "Which means, I get to take off your top."

"Who makes these rules up?" Clementine asked.

Zico came up behind her and whispered in her ear, "I do."

He untied the clips and let it fall to the ground. She turned around to him, and looking up in his eyes, knowing the effect that her breasts have on him.

He sucked in his breath, "ok," he said, "on my count, we take off our last piece of clothing and run in."

"1...2..." Zico started but Clementine got to impatient didn't let him finish.

"3!" She exclaimed, and managed to run in before him, Zico hitting the water just after her.

And he was right, it did feel so liberating. And there with him, it felt like she was being cleansed, spiritually, while also being connected to him on a deeper level.

If the snake bite was their entrance into the garden of Adam and Eve, then this was a rebirth in a natural pool of Holy Water.