chapter 61

61

61

In the car on the way home, with an easy Brazilian radio tune in the background, and the driver humming to himself in the front, Clementine seriously considered Mlle's proposition.

Then she realized that she never really had job. This would be her first.

Until recently, her 'job' was really more bout being the poster child than the poster party child and basically upholding the standards of society that her family lived in, and carrying on the name and the riches into the next generation.

But as all of that went up into flames, no matter how momentarily, perhaps this would be an opportunity for her to regain some sort of independence. Not just the sneak out in the middld of the night kind illegal, but the real kind that she needed and so badly craved.

She wasn't even thinking about doing it for the money, but maybe that would give er something to create an opportunity to move out...before she got too ahead of herself, she already pulled up and she got out of the car. Muttering a quick 'thanks' to the driver, and a quick nod to her parents, 'how was dance'? 'It was fine.', she ran up into her room and tried to collect her thoughts.

Exhausted from the practice, she fell on her bed and found her phone, remembering that she filmed herself. Out of curiosity she opened up the file and watched herself dance, trying hard not to think about critiquing her technique, she realized that she created something new. She actually let herself enjoy it.

Then, she decided she wanted to show this to Zico. She couldn't help it but she craved the connection and she was looking for ways to get close to him. Looking for him in other things.

She didn't care if she was being too much. Yesterday, he responded to her photo with a photo of him on some remote beach, full moon. Saying he had to go to a friend's thing, but that it looked like a 'good time' where she was.

Clementine thought for a moment, not knowing when she'd see him again, only knowing that she would.

How was your Monday? She asked him over text.

Then she threw away her phone, this exciting anticipation both nerve wrecking and delicious.

She put on the music from that day, and instead of dancing this time, she let her daydreams take her away, nearly dozing off completely until the blip of her phone woke her up.

Her heart beat fast as she watched his response.

Tiring as fuckk.

Clementine swallowed hard, she knew she shouldn't have texted him again. Because there it was again, his distant reluctance that she felt over the phone.

Then she saw him typing.

Sorry, hate to be a thrill kill. How was yours?

Clementine smiled to herself.

She sent him the video of herself dancing, feeling some sort of win, reclaiming the situation to her advantage again.

Then she waited for his response and there was nothing.

Exhaustion hitting her again, she went to shower, and she couldn't help but notice that she was getting thinner. She was so wrapped up in her own drama that she was't even hungry as of late. Mentally reminding herself to eat something, it did't work, because she ended up falling asleep in her bed right after.

She awoke in the middle of the night in a jolt. The first thing that passed her mind when she opened her eyes was his name. Zico.

She moved her hand across the white sheets, looking for her phone lost in the creases.

She tapped the screen and saw text from him 3 hours ago.

Holy shit. Thats amazing dude. You need to show this to me IRL asap

And a second one.

Now its my turn to show you something cool

And all of a sudden, it felt like she wasn't alone in her bed anymore.