Sailing, Sailing, Sailing.

A/n: (Y/n) is a lone fisherman in this one! Welcome to Obsession and Enjoy!

(Future Fang: hiya! I drew this a while ago, and forgot to put it into one of the chapters. Here's La Marina! Take care of her!)
————————

The salty ocean spray tickled your nose as you happily watched the waves push against your polished wooden sailboat, La Marina de Oro. You were born into a long line of talented fishermen and women, with this beautiful ship being passed down to you by your parents when you turned 18. You were ecstatic that you got to traverse the vast oceans all day long, only stopping to fish and to resupply. Checking the clock, you saw that it was nearing 4pm, and you estimated you'd make landfall by 7 at the most. Sighing at the fact that you had to make a pit stop to restock your supplies, you checked the wind sock and adjusted the golden fabric sails accordingly.

You always thought this vessel was extremely beautiful and elegant, from its dark oak wooden exterior, to its soft red interior. The large sails gave it a regal look as it raced across the water. You've been working with this sturdy ship for about 5 years now, as such controlling it feels as if you're simply moving an extra arm. As it's going to be a while till you would land, you checked the wind one more time before heading into the cabin.

You climbed down a short flight of stairs into your main living space, complete with a plush bed, bookshelf, old fridge, and a worn out recliner someone threw out because it was permanently stuck in recline. It made the perfect reading chair, as it was only halfway down. Plopping down in the gray leather chair, you turned on the tv to see if you could pick up anything. To your delight, the tv had a signal of a cartoon channel, so you watched it for a while till you could see the sun starting to set. Deciding to make yourself look presentable before you went into town, you trudged over to the small bathroom and gazed at your features in the mirror. Sun kissed (s/c) complexion, with thin bands of sturdy muscles lining your supple form, a small amount of light stubble, eager (e/c) eyes, and unkempt, medium length (h/c) hair. You started by shaving off the stubble, before brushing out your hair and styling it into a man bun. Satisfied, you went to go land the ship. The sun was almost beyond the horizon at this point, but you could still clearly see the land, along with the pier. You skillfully maneuvered the ship into a perfect position, before grabbing some rope and tying the ship to the pier.

Grabbing some currency from the ship's secret stash, you headed out to find a store to buy some supplies for the night, only to see a large, detailed statue of a local deity. Made out of pure bronze, the statue sat atop a fountain, and depicted a young looking, meditating male with short hair. He didn't wear a shirt, but had puffy looking pants, a horned crest, and a crystal necklace. He had 6 fire like plumes extending from his back, each with an eye like blot near the edge. He had a calm expression as he held a small orb within his palm. The lettering on the statue was unreadable, as it was faded and in an ancient language. You bowed to the statue to pay tribute to the deity, only to feel a chill rake up your spine afterwards. You shivered and rubbed your arms, walking away from the statue.

What you didn't notice, was how the orb glowed a little as you walked away, observing you from that high perch.

————————

Walking back to the Marina with a few bags of food in hand, you gazed up at the now starry sky and admired its beauty. The stars and the oceans were the most calming thing in your opinion. You didn't feel the existential dread of being small when you gazed at the universal display, only a feeling of happiness that you were alive to experience it. Sighing happily, you hopped up into the boat and restocked the fridge. You took a mental note of what you had to buy tomorrow before heading off to shower. Using the last bit of shampoo you had left, you washed out the salty buildup that accumulated in your hair before cleaning the rest of yourself with a floral scented body wash. You didn't care if other people would call you a wimp for using "girl soap", soap is soap, and if you like how it smells, you like how it smells. Simple as that.

Drying off with a towel, you brushed your teeth and combed through your hair with your fingers. You checked over yourself one last time before locking up the cabin, grabbing your favorite book, and cozying up in bed. You eventually fell asleep as you read the part about the hero doing a dance battle with the villain.