Cold.

A/n: Fun Gamer Fact!
Mothrax is a Vegetarian. It's not for the fact that he couldn't bare to eat his own creations. Nah, if he could, he would two times over, without hesitation.

The real reason why he doesn't eat meat or fish? He has a massive ass gag reflex towards the smell of both. Can't stand the stuff. Hence, why he grows a veggie garden in his sanctuary, and a farm for egg and dairy.

Enjoy!

(Oh and also, there's mentions of physical abuse in this. If you don't like that, or get triggered by it, I wouldn't recommend reading this chapter.)

——————————

You were in between states of consciousness, having a peaceful night's sleep. All was well before a biting chill suddenly washed over you like a tidal wave.

It was cold, so mind numbingly cold. You slowly opened your eyes, to see you were laying in a rocky tundra, baren of life. The starry night could barely be seen through patches of open sky amidst the angry storm clouds. You shivered as a blast of icy air swept snow across your body, only protected from the ravenous chill by your thin pajamas.

You needed to find shelter, fast, or hypothermia would creep up on you like a poisonous snake. Squinting through the harsh snow, you noticed a cave not to far off. It was barely large enough for a human to squeak through the entrance, but if It'll get you out of the wind, you'll take it.

You were about to get up, when you realized your foot was frozen to the ground, covered in a thin icy plating. Just then, you heard slow methodical footfalls in the snow, approaching you from a bit further into the wild winds. You could feel something was not right, so you started hammering at your foot with a balled fist. It hurt like hell, but eventually you got the ice to crack, and booked it to the cave.

The footfalls were getting closer, coming in pairs now that you had a better listen at them. You tried your best to avoid stepping in snow as you made your way to the cave, sliding into it once you were close enough and shimmying as deep as possible into the cave. You watched over the rock ledge as the creature finally emerged.. and it was a strange one alright.

A lanky looking Maned Wolf, completely unheard of in this environment, walked slowly out of the heavy snow. Its mane was a fiery orange that burned against the dull scenery. Along its back were strange tufts of fur, similar to... Mothrax's Wings. Something wasn't right though, it's eyes were a deep, angry amber, not a Jade Green. It was calmly sniffing around, probably looking for something to eat, causing you to sigh in relief. It suddenly snapped its head towards you at the slight noise, making you duck your head down in panic.

You held your breath as it threw its head back, sniffed at the air, and opened up its jaw to expose its Jacobson's organ. From your vantage point, you could see its eyes dilate as it caught onto something: you.

You nearly screamed in alarm as it made it's way over to you, wading through the heavy snow with its lithe legs. It was smiling, its eyes humanoid and angered.

"Hello, little one. We meet again after so long." It coos out in a dangerous, unfamiliar tone. Despite that, you recognized the voice immediately. He was looking around, still not properly aware of your exact location. "I'm not going to hurt you, Pearl, just come out and be a good little mortal..." he sat down in the snow, about 15 feet from your hiding spot. The longer the silence grew, the more he seemed to grow impatient, loosing his mask of composure. After a full minute, he seemed to change in expression, growing tired of your resistance to him. The rocks around you shook before falling down and starting to crush you.