Citrus Mothman.

A/n: BIG REVEAL, SOUND THE ALARMSSSSSS!! (ALARM NOISES)

———————

A mellow tune played over the ships radio as you patiently waited, cooler on standby. You had casted your line about 5 minutes ago and were now seated by the railing, eagerly waiting for a nibble. Your finger idly played with the thick line, gently moving the lure around so it looked like an actual fish. You started thinking about where you should head next as you watched the deep ocean reflect the bright afternoon sun.

'Maybe I should go for a swim, the water looked nice and refreshing here.' You pondered, gazing back up at the sky. A nibble pulled you out of your thoughts. Once another one came, you jerked the line upwards and were met by violent tugging. "A fighter, I see! Well, you're not gonna beat the champion fisherman, (Y/N) (L/N)!" You grunted as you put your foot against the railing. It was a valiant fight between the large fish and you, with the fish finally running out of stamina and letting you get the upper hand. You yanked it up as hard as possible, causing a large napoleon fish to flop onto the deck.

You were quick to humanely kill the fish before it suffered, stabbing it in the brain and slicing downwards. The fish promptly stopped struggling and laid there, rigid. You picked up the fish and placed it in the cooler, which had a few other fish laying inside. Taking a break from the sun, you closed the cooler and brought it inside. You placed the cooler in the fridge and grabbed a soda, closing the door with your foot and heading over to the recliner.

Its chilled, plush upholstery made you sigh in relief as you sat down. The sun was nice and all, but you had to take a break from it regularly to avoid getting sunburnt. You reached for the nearby remote and turned on the tv. You were still getting local tv from the island you were just at, so you flipped to that kid's channel. They were airing the show soon, so you patiently waited for it to start.

Until you saw something out the window. You barely caught a glimpse of it, but you knew you saw wispy orange strands, almost like fire. You stared at the porthole for a good few minutes, a bit unnerved. You've been seeing a bunch of weird things relating to orange lately. That strange statue, Navajo, and now this... mystery thing. The intro to the show pulled you out of your staring contest with the window.

About 30 minutes passed before you ran out of soda and got a bit hungry. You threw the soda out as you walked to the fridge, pulling out some brie, prosciutto, and pears, placing them all on the small counter you had nearby. You scratched your neck, still a bit unnerved by that strange thing that was outside your window. Paying no mind to the increasing urge to check outside, you reasoned you had a bit too much sun today and should stay inside for a while, maybe go swimming later.

You assembled a small plater of crackers with brie, prosciutto and pears on them and sat back down at your recliner, but not before getting some ice cold water to fend off the heat induced hallucinations. Settling back into the recliner's comfort, you swear you saw it again, along with a flash of jade green. You fearfully drank a lot of water after that.

——————

About an hour and a half of tv watching passed, and it was now about 3pm. Looking out at the shimmering water, you decided to take that swim you were thinking about before. Getting up from the recliner, your skin sticked to the leather upholstery, which stung once you ripped yourself off it. You rubbed the sore spots as you walked over to your dresser, picking out a pair of leaf printed swimming trunks. You stumbled around, changing out of your clothes and then into the shorts. You grabbed a towel and walked into the warm sun. Oh, how you loved the tropical sun, but today it felt extremely warm. Like you were wearing a blanket that came straight out of the dryer.